TCR advanced hybrid fork

Ade83
Ade83 Posts: 7
edited August 2017 in Road buying advice
Hi

Hoping that someone can give me an opinion on the forks having ridden both the TCR Advance and the TCR advance pro.

I bought a TCR advanced 1 last week (not recieved it yet) and the only thing that bothers me is hybrid fork on the advance.

I test rode the advanced pro and thought it was a super bike. I wasn't intending to buy the pro but it was the only model in store in my size. The guy in the shop reckons that I couldn't tell the difference between the two forks and the only real difference is about 100g in weight.

I intend to slowly upgrade the advanced when finances allow, but the fork is the only area where it becomes a bit more difficult and I wouldn't really look to upgrade it. Is there a noticeable difference between the two forks?

Comments

• It says 30 percent more rigid than overdrive 1, if I remember correctly. I have used hybrid fork (overdrive) with my Propel Adv 2 and full-carbon one (overdrive 2) on my TCR Aluxx SL-1. I had no difference in feel. But due to design of bottom region of head tube or full fork design of the TCR, I'm hundred percent sure, my propel has more rigidity on that region especially during stand-out sprints. Note that, my Propel's model year 2016 and have full carbon construction except the fork, and the TCR goes back to 2013 and aluminum as you guessed.
    Moreover to that, I think standard stem size creates more chance to upgrade among dozens of products, on the contrary, 34.11 mm stem (that is used for overdrive2) is much rare if you want to upgrade it (Ritchey, PRO and Canyon make them as far as I know )