Sizing help!

Indogirl
Indogirl Posts: 3
edited August 2017 in Road buying advice
Hi all
I want to buy my first road bike and been looking at the Cannondale Synapse. I am a woman, just under 5ft tall (151 cm), 27.5" inseam without shoes on and would like to get your advice on size as they usually only stock larger models in store... many thanks

Comments

• Their geometry chart does list standover height, which is at least something you can compare to your inseam (with shoes on), for top tube clearance.
  • I think you would be a 44, IME cannondale bikes come up slightly larger than other brands. I think the 48 would be too big, the reach and stack on that size are close to what I ride and I am 5 inches taller than you.

Can you get your local shop to order a 44 in for you to try?
  • Thank you both. As it happens I was working from a different office today and it turns out there is a bike shop close to it so I went at lunch time and as luck would have it they had various Cannonade Synapse models on display including a 44 and a 48 so I was able to try both and it would definitely be 44 for me. 48 felt too big and though I could stand over the top tube, there was hardly any room spare.
    They did not have the specific model I was considering in that size though and think it's sold out as far as the 2017 model is concerned :( They also had some Liv Avail models in, including an XS which looks as though it could be a good fit for me though maybe slightly bigger than the Cannondale 44. The shop assistant did say they sell mostly Liv to women compared to the Cannondales with the brake levers on the top bar being easier to reach for women with small hands which is my case. So need to have a re-think but at least I have a better idea about what size I need now :) May well go back at the weekend for a proper test as it was not possible today due to rain and lack of time.