Best rear light upto £60

ademort
ademort Posts: 1,924
edited August 2017 in Road buying advice
In the market for a new rear light anybody offer any help, thanks.
ademort
Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
Giant Defy 4
Mirage Columbus SL
Batavus Ventura

Comments

• KINGGARY
    KINGGARY Posts: 89
    Exposure traceR or a knog blinder R70, I have both for the winter in case one goes flat and I don't realise while riding in the dark.
    Of the two the exposure has better battery light at a higher output and if you get the saddle rail bracket it sits nicely out the way.
    I like it so much I have now bought its sibling for winter rides in daylight to put on the bars.
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Don't rely on one. Even if you get a cheap £5 light as back up it'll be worth it.
  • +1 for the TraceR, which 'pulses' instead of flashes which means it's always lit; don't know if it makes a difference to the people behind me but I like it.

+1 also for having several ancillary cheap ones. 7dayshop do some hardy little ones that are pretty versatile.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    cougie wrote:
    Don't rely on one. Even if you get a cheap £5 light as back up it'll be worth it.

This. I've got two lights on the rear of my bike and one went flat mid-ride on Tuesday and I still haven't charged it but will now I've been reminded.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • birdie23
    birdie23 Posts: 457
    Bontrager Flare R
    2012 Cube Agree GTC
  • i.bhamra
    i.bhamra Posts: 304
    The Moon Nebula is worth a look. I wanted something bright enough for daytime use (time trialling on busy dual carriageways) and found this to be really good. Had lots of people asking me what light it was and where they could get one. Even had a motorist pull along side me and tell me it was really good!

Versatile mounting options (including saddle rails which looks really neat and tidy).

USB rechargable, mine lasts about 12hrs between charging on strobe mode.

Well within budget.