Defy, Synapse or Roubaix - Can't decide

thesaint76
thesaint76 Posts: 15
edited August 2017 in Road buying advice
Hi,

Would appreciate your thoughts / experiences with these bikes. I've narrowed it down to a Defy Advanced Pro 1, Synapse Ultegra Carbon Disc or Roubaix Comp. All have great deals on 2017 models so need to decide quick but I'm struggling.

I want something comfortable for long rides but still with a racy. I like the hills so it needs to not feel sluggish going up but also handle well coming down. I'm not a great descender so don't want anything skittish. Any thoughts on the different Shimano disc brakes would also be appreciated.

Thanks.
I\'m Mr Brightside.

Comments

• adder4
    adder4 Posts: 21
    I'm having a similar dilemma....
    As good as the Synapse is, the new 2018 model makes it look very dated so I can't bring myself to buy one
    Focus Paralane 105 for 2250€ is very tempting....
    https://www.wareega.com/velo-course/086 ... -vert.html
  • meursault
    meursault Posts: 1,433
    I've recently bought an Ultegra Di2 Synapse. It's smoother than my Alu Team Boardman, and also has a all round stabler feel. The handle bar position is more comfortable. Di2 is a dream to use.

I don't have any knowledge of the other bikes you mentioned, but the Synapse gets a lot of awards. For endurance/comfort I'd say it's the best bike.
    Superstition sets the whole world in flames; philosophy quenches them.

Voltaire
  • Thanks guys. Funnily enough I hired a Paralane in Tenerife recently and liked it. It was this bike that made me decide I wanted a more relaxed geometry and discs. Couldn't find any though so now have another to add to the list!
    Going to try the Defy and go from there...
    I\'m Mr Brightside.