Judge My Fit to Help Me Choose New Bike Geometry (With Vid)

Holmesy321
Holmesy321 Posts: 37
edited August 2017 in Road buying advice
Evening,

In summmary, please comment on the fit of my bike. If you want to read why I want your opinions, see below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7goCgHDJN14

Story:

I'm looking to, maybe, buy a new bike.

I've had a CAAD8 in size 56 for about 2 and a bit years now and have enjoyed it, however after riding a friends new-ish Cervelo S2 at the outdoor track at the olympic park I have gear envy...

A mate took a video of me riding in the drops at the velopark (not intentionally to judge my fit so it's not the best video ever and I'm messing about a bit - however at least it means I wasn't 'trying' to look good on the bike).

In order to inform possible bike selections, I'm interested in peoples opinions of how the CAAD8 fits me. Currently running a 100mm stem with one spacer (and the HUGElY tall stock headset cover).

I'm not sure I've really got the fit 100% dialled in, and as such maybe it's better I do that to work out exactly what I want in terms of geometry from a new bike before buying one (maybe get some wheels to satisfy the hunger for new things).

On the other hand there is a very good deal on a certain Giant TCR Advanced 1 Disc at a shop nearby that is super tempting. That is an ML though, and I'm not sure if the top tube would be too long, and I wouldn't want to drop the stem to 90 or less.

I have the seat set all the way back on the CAAD8, so feel like the ML TCR may be better with the slacker seat tube angle. I also did run a 120 (or might have been 130) on the CAAD8 for a bit and didn't seem to dislike it. Not sure why I settled on the 100... Laziness I expect!

Cheers

Comments

• svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    Can't really tell much from that TBH - but the stem does seem too short. I'd do a better video using a 120mm stem...
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D