Kurt kinetic smart unit

xixang
xixang Posts: 235
Looking into getting the KK smart unit to upgrade my rock and roll but read a number of oldish reviews/comments that they aren't that great, mainly inconsistent power readings, lack of connectivity etc. Maybe tithings have improved? Will be using with either zwift or trainerroad, so it should connect to either if I get right BT dongle for pc (if using TR, or could use mobile app at a push) or use use zwift mobile app to bridge if using zwift. Also plan on using my quarq PM using power match or whatever it's called rather than smart turbo. So really just looking at turbo to control resistance.

Has anyone got any RL experience of the KK smart unit and if so how is it in ERG mode for structured workouts, and SIM mode for free Riding? Quick/slow to respond to resistance changes, smooth operation etc. Any views out there?

Thanks

Comments

• shazzz
    shazzz Posts: 1,077
    I'd not heard of this before but DC Rainmaker has an article and the comments below it may be of use. Some people seem to be happy with it others less so...
    https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2016/09/kin ... iners.html

Personally, can't see it being worth ~£400 vs using a Rock n Roll in 'dumb' mode with a power meter but YMMV.