Servicing Mavic Ksyrium SL Wheels

richard36
richard36 Posts: 346
edited August 2017 in Workshop
In another post I mentioned that I was thinking of going tubeless with my Ksyrium SL wheels and Schwalbe Pro One tyres. Still deciding whether to go down that route but while the rear wheel is off the bike I've taken the cassette off to give the outside of the freehub, and the cassette itself, a clean.

Is there anything else I can do? For example can I take the freehub off to clean/lube the inside and possibly even degrease/lube the bearings?

Have looked on the web but can't find anything specific to these wheels and was wondering if you guys could help out (Did watch one video about a guy who removed the freehub from a wheel and greased the bearings after carefully taking the seal off the cartridge. If that can be done with my wheels great but can't see how to take the freehub off).

Many thanks.

Comments

• svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    Unless the bearings feel rough I'd not mess with them TBH :)
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • robbo2011
    robbo2011 Posts: 1,017
    Don't touch the bearings, you are more likely to introduce contamination and decrease their lifespan.

What you should do though is to remove, clean and relube the freehub. Plenty of online videos available on youtube to guide you. Search for Mavic freehub service.