Help me find the year of Orange 5 frame

Markmjh
Markmjh Posts: 415
edited August 2017 in MTB general
Hi folks,
hoping someone can help me put a year to this frame please.

p5pb15076142.jpg
Ride Crash Ride Again

Comments

• fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    they only made the sub 5 from 2000 - 2003 didn't they ? ... and in that time I don't remember the frame changing at all

I was looking at getting one .. then decided the 5 was better .... then decided I couldn't afford one
  • Markmjh
    Apologies, think it is a 5 not the "sub 5". Just really have no idea on the year :-(
    Lovely to ride and really happy with it(recent purchase), just want to know how many candles it needs on it's next cake!
    Ride Crash Ride Again
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    ah .. I'll have to wait till I get home then, the image is blocked at work, so I cant see it
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    The straight head tube definitely makes it pre-2011.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    The fact that the welding is not a box of frogs suggests that it is not an orange.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    no serial number stamped on the bottom bracket and ask orange?
  • Markmjh
    swod1 wrote:
    no serial number stamped on the bottom bracket and ask orange?

Have tried that(twice) but unfortunately Orange don't seem to want to reply :-(
    Ride Crash Ride Again
  • eric_draven
    eric_draven Posts: 1,192
    Defo a five the Sub5 had quite a big downtube also the welding was bloody awful on them in the early days
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Manitou swinger shock and those forks suggest it's between 2007 and 2009.
    Usual way to tell the age on an old Orange Five is to count how many times the shock mount has been re-welded!