BBR60 (6800 Bottom Bracket) Removal Tool

wolfsbane2k
wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
edited August 2017 in Road buying advice
Hi.

I've just stripped 2 of the C&*(*&ppy plastic things that come with 6800 brackets while trying to remove my BB.

Looking for either a tool specifically designed for it, or a converter.

I like the look of the Birzman Bottom Bracket Tool Adapter, as it does the narrower MTB and Road brackets.

http://www.birzman.com/products_2.php?u ... 28&Key=127

Any other recommendations around that price ( £12) ? SJS cycles seems to have them in stock.

Ta
Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...

Comments

• maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    Park do a metal socket but it's £22ish

http://www.parktool.com/product/bottom- ... ool-bbt-59
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • clogg
    clogg Posts: 70
    Are you sure it isn't a 9000 bottom bracket.It takes a slightly smaller black adapter (TL-FC24).
    The grey fc-25 supplied with ultegra just stripped when any pressure was put on.
  • wolfsbane2k
    clogg wrote:
    Are you sure it isn't a 9000 bottom bracket.It takes a slightly smaller black adapter (TL-FC24).
    The grey fc-25 supplied with ultegra just stripped when any pressure was put on.

Don't think so, the adaptor I used was the one that came in the pack when I bought it and then fitted it.
    Bought a bunch of "Shimano BB-R60 11 Speed Cups (Ultegra 6800/105 5800)" from ribble.

I can only think it's slightly seized in place, so needs a bit more grunt to remove.
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    The Birzmann you link to looks ideal.....
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • Shimano TL-FC37 is the official device.
  • wolfsbane2k
    Had this delivered this morning and tried this afternoon.
    Unfortunately didnt address the situation, primarily because I have an C style spanner, so the more force applied to remove the BB opened the C up so it just slipped.

Going to have to buy a wrench adaptor now.