L1010191.jpg
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod wrote:
    i always suspected you lived in royston vasey

every time i go past this, i wonder who is in the scarecrow

L1010191.jpg
    I love Lanzarote. Never going back to Tenerife. Lanza is about 150% nicer.
    Do you have a place out there SG or do you stay in a hotel?
  • hopkinb

I'm on my way. Vroom, vroom.

Of course. I'm baggsying the testicles because we're having a competition in the village to see who can throw them in the air the highest and catch them in our mouths.

I've had lamb balls and calf balls. I believe the euphemism is "fry". They're surprisingly nice, like brains and sweetbreads, but softer, more subtle. Deep fried in breadcrumbs, bit of sauce gribiche.

Never seen how high I can chuck them though. I save that for peanuts.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,551
    hopkinb wrote:

rent a villa, usually via someone who manages a bunch in playa blanca, stay in too many hotels for gmc! it's nice to have the freedom/privacy, mulled over buying a place here but not sure it makes sense

i do like the cycling here, mostly good roads and drivers, plus pb tends to have more sun than the other side of the volcanoes, and as it's at the southern end there's usually a tailwind on the way back!
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    hopkinb wrote:

Of course. I'm baggsying the testicles because we're having a competition in the village to see who can throw them in the air the highest and catch them in our mouths.

I've had lamb balls and calf balls. I believe the euphemism is "fry". They're surprisingly nice, like brains and sweetbreads, but softer, more subtle. Deep fried in breadcrumbs, bit of sauce gribiche.

We eat them raw. It's all about Welsh superiority over the English. They make us more virile so your women want us even more than normal.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    i always suspected you lived in royston vasey

every time i go past this, i wonder who is in the scarecrow

L1010191.jpg

Lanzarote well rocks - been a few times and it's always well nice and lush, pukka. Tidy in fact.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:

We eat them raw. It's all about Welsh superiority over the English. They make us more virile so your women want us even more than normal.

Nothing like a man eating a raw goats testicle to get a girl moist, as they say in these parts.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    sungod wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

rent a villa, usually via someone who manages a bunch in playa blanca, stay in too many hotels for gmc! it's nice to have the freedom/privacy, mulled over buying a place here but not sure it makes sense

i do like the cycling here, mostly good roads and drivers, plus pb tends to have more sun than the other side of the volcanoes, and as it's at the southern end there's usually a tailwind on the way back!

If you're in PB, may I recommend Marea Bar? You may already know it, but there's not many better places for a sundowner in Playa Blanca.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    Long day of work extended by having to leave way before the sun came up to run and recover the car

Managed a slightly longer walk to the local with the current wife who is still below par after last night
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I'll be sweating like TLW standing next to a Spanish au pair :P
    :lol:
    Yeah, I'd forgotten how uncomfortable it was until just now. It was ok if you didn't move a muscle, thankfully it rained when we did Disney so was manageable.

Don't all greasy spicks sweat buckets :D
    That might not be the description of me that most people would choose :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Yeah, I'd forgotten how uncomfortable it was until just now. It was ok if you didn't move a muscle, thankfully it rained when we did Disney so was manageable.

Well, go on...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    team47b wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Morning lads, pleased to see you are both enjoying your holidays, I've just seen the weather forecast for this week , it's going to reach a staggering 23 degsC,
    That's 1 degC less than the overnight minimum here :)

...and only 7c less than the overnight minimum here...lightweights :roll:

Dragged the bed out into the garden room. Sleeping in the garden tonight to luxuriate in the cool that is 30c :D
    There is usually air con in civilised hot places :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Morning lads, pleased to see you are both enjoying your holidays, I've just seen the weather forecast for this week , it's going to reach a staggering 23 degsC,

Dragged the bed out into the garden room. Sleeping in the garden tonight to luxuriate in the cool that is 30c :D

There's what?! When I were a lad out in t' 'ot places, by 'eck, there were these fans in the ceiling. All they did was move the hot air around.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Well, go on...
    You'll have to ask someone who's met me...
  • pinno
    Let's see...

Hoppy, VN, TLW.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Let's see...

Hoppy, VN, TLW.
    Ask away. Before we send the commission for racial equality round :wink:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    Pinno wrote:
    Let's see...

Hoppy, VN, TLW.
    He's definitely an accountant.
  • hopkinb
    Stevo looks like his avatar, but older, and with a suit on, and with a pint of strong cider in his hand, and probably two already on board. I don't believe that he is a shapeshifting android, and I would not have had him down as a Spanish speaking American either.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo looks like his avatar, but older, and with a suit on, and with a pint of strong cider in his hand, and probably two already on board. I don't believe that he is a shapeshifting android, and I would not have had him down as a Spanish speaking American either.

Does he look shifty?
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

There's what?! When I were a lad out in t' 'ot places, by 'eck, there were these fans in the ceiling. All they did was move the hot air around.
    Maybe it wasn't a civilised hot place? :wink:

It's 93F here today but the air con is nice and cool. Although the pool was warm :)