What size rear shock for my 2012 Mondraker Dune?

Scott730custom
Scott730custom Posts: 6
edited August 2017 in MTB general
I have a 2012 model Mondraker Dune with 160mm travel front and rear. The rear shock does not have a lock out function though so hills can be a struggle sometimes, so I want to upgrade it, nothing to OTT jus a nice upgrade from an X fusion E1 that is on the bike now. Basically I want a new rear shock that HAS got a lock out function for my "MONDRAKER DUNE 2012 model" as the current shock doesn't have a lockout function.
I need advicing more on the sizing of a rear shock for a 2012 MONDRAKER DUNE rather than jus naming a shock (e.g. Rockshox monarch)

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    One with the same eye to eye length and travel. And preferably tuned to the suspension geometry.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Seriously, you only had to list the bike name once.

Presumably you possess a rule?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • I done some research and the sizing of the shock is 215mm 63.5mm But I can't seem to find another one with that sizing, as I've read some riders have an issue with there upgraded rear shock rubbing on the frame work
  • The Rookie wrote:
    Seriously, you only had to list the bike name once.

Presumably you possess a rule?

Why, what's up? How has saying the bike name 4 times made you comment on this, but with no input of knowledge yourself. :? if your input isn't about the topic in question then dont comment please. If anyone else has any helpful info on a rear shock with measurements 215mm 63.5mm
  • cooldad wrote:
    One with the same eye to eye length and travel. And preferably tuned to the suspension geometry.

Thanks for the info, Supposedly 215mm 63.5mm, if that's sounds right to you?
    If that is correct, is it just a case of finding a shock with the same travel I have now and them measurements?
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Just search for a shock with the same measurements. It may help if you also search for the imperial sizes - 8.5” x 2.5”.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Which is a very common size.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    Which is a very common size.
    Thanks for the help I should be able to find one now. Thanks again
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    You won't want a lock out, there are no decent shocks with a full lock. A decent compression damper does a better job of allowing the shock to move as you go over bumps but not bob as you pedal.
    Cane Creek DB air cs is the best shock I've used by far but not simple to get set up right. The Rockshox Monarch Plus is much easier to set up, cheaper and reasonable quality.