SRAM 11/Ksyrium Pro/Lockring Issue

Goldmine848
Goldmine848 Posts: 8
edited September 2017 in Workshop
Having an issue with a relatively new setup: SRAM 11 on a Ksyrium Pro wheel. The lockring loosens repeatedly. I have tried three different rings and replaced the freehub body. It is much better than it was initially but it still needs a small turn to be completely tight after a ride. Is it possible that I need a spacer of some sort?

Comments

• Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Have you removed the spacer that normally comes with the wheel?
  • There is no spacer. It originally came with a Campy freehub but it was replaced with the Shimano/SRAM freehub which, as I mentioned above, I have since replaced with a new one in case the threads had been compromised.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Presumably you're tightening to the recommended 40nm?
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    A bit strange that you should have this problem given that you have an 11 speed cassette on a new 11 speed freehub so no spacers are involved.
    The obvious thought is that you just need to tighten it more. I assume you have the correct lock-ring for your smallest sprocket?
    Does it happen with another cassette?
    I'd give it some serious tightening welly. If it still comes loose you could perhaps try adding a 1mm shimano spacer and adjusting the indexing to suit.
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • Just an update on this. I switched to a new SRAM Force cassette and that solved the problem.