Are Speedplay pedals compatable with Mavic shoes?

samfailed
samfailed Posts: 82
edited August 2017 in Road buying advice
Are Speedplay zero cleats compatable with Mavic Aksium III shoes? I can find the Speedplay compatibility guide but all it says about Mavic is that pre-2009 shoes are not compatable. Can't seem to find any more info!!?! Help!

Comments

• Q&A at Evans says yes:

https://www.evanscycles.com/mavic-aksiu ... s-EV290304

I've never had any issues getting the shims to work with both Lake and Shimano in the past - they seem to cover lots of options in the pack.
  • If your shoes are 3 hole and take Shimano spd sl cleats , Speedplay will fit. They come with adapters that screw into the 3 holes. I would think any 3 hole fitting shoe would take Speedplay without any issues.
  • Solis
    Solis Posts: 166
    I have Speedplay X series mounted on 3 pairs of Mavic's, pretty certain their is no difference in X and Zero mountings.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Speedplay are compatible with any shoe. You just need the 4 hole adapter for soles with 3 holes.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • Really wish more manufacturers would make SP specific models as the adapters take something away from the whole design concept of the SP's for me.

I had a pair of Lakes few years back that were SP specific, but now moved to S-Works which aren't.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Why I moved to Northwave from DMT.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Would it have been that much of an issue for SP do design a cleat that was directly compatible with the three hole system? Afterall, the standard's been in use for quite a while now...