Tokyo wheelset

casatikid
casatikid Posts: 229
edited August 2017 in Road general
Hi,there is a company in the US that is currently advertising their carbon wheels on F/book called Tokyo wheels.
The wheels look great and the owner appears on their ads and explains every question a buyer may wish to ask in a positive manner.
The reviews are excellent.Has anyone on here purchased a wheelset from them and if so, how do they rate them?

Comments

• trailflow
    trailflow Posts: 1,311
    Never used them but i've read about them on various forums which you can google. They are rebadged chinese wheels. I think they use rims sourced from farsports.
  • casatikid
    casatikid Posts: 229
    trailflow wrote:
    Never used them but i've read about them on various forums which you can google. They are rebadged chinese wheels. I think they use rims sourced from farsports.
    Is that so? Many thanks.As the old saying goes,if it sounds to good to be true etc.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    CASATIKID wrote:
    trailflow wrote:
    Is that so? Many thanks.As the old saying goes,if it sounds to good to be true etc.

Err - I no understand.

Why to good to be true etc?

loads of people use Chinese wheels with no issues. Or are we talking your snobbery?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.