Geometry help

rando
rando Posts: 285
edited August 2017 in Road buying advice
Can somebody please assist me with the following geometry of several bikes.
I currently have a Trek Domane size 60cm and am happy with the position but looking at a new bike.
So in the link below I have 6 bikes with my current Trek as one of them to compare the others too.
Which bike is closest to my Trek ? I actually think all of them are not too far out. Particularly interested if you think the Cervelo in a 58cm or 61cm is closer.
It's the seat and seat tube angles that are confusing me ! Plus I am not the brightest tool in the box !
I know nothing will beat actually sitting on the bikes but it's difficult finding the bikes in the sizes i need.

https://geometrygeeks.bike/compare/trek ... 17-l-53-5/

Comments

• I'd keep looking if you're going to spend that kind of money, as none of them are close enough to your Domane.
    Too many stack/reach compromises on all of them.

Why are you looking at a new bike?

What specs/requirements are you looking for?
  • ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • rando
    I'd keep looking if you're going to spend that kind of money, as none of them are close enough to your Domane.
    Too many stack/reach compromises on all of them.

Why are you looking at a new bike?

What specs/requirements are you looking for?

Looking at a new bike as its my 50th in September and want to treat myself !
    Spec wise I am thinking SRAM Etap ( not sure yet rim or disc but that's another decision ).
    I generally do longer rides of between 50-150 miles but no racing . My problem seems to be my inseam of 93cms in relation to my height of 185cms. Hence why the 60cm Trek is a decent fit.
    Really wanted the Cervelo R3 to fit but this looks a non starter which is why the C3 is in the mix .
    back to the drawing board then.
  • That Cube is pretty close.

Disregarding groupset for the moment, all I could find from my usual suspects:-
    - Eddy Merckx Mourenx69: 395 / 631. Could work with, say a 10mm shorter stem and/or a shorter-reach bar than standard.
    - Blue Prosecco EX: 388 / 628. (a few groupset options available). Don't think they're available in the UK though.

The Merckx (disk or rim) is more your long-haul road bike. The Prosecco is in the light-gravel bike camp.

How about a custom frame? perhaps ti or steel (Spirit). Someone like Burls.
  • rando
    That Cube is pretty close.

Disregarding groupset for the moment, all I could find from my usual suspects:-
    - Eddy Merckx Mourenx69: 395 / 631. Could work with, say a 10mm shorter stem and/or a shorter-reach bar than standard.
    - Blue Prosecco EX: 388 / 628. (a few groupset options available). Don't think they're available in the UK though.

The Merckx (disk or rim) is more your long-haul road bike. The Prosecco is in the light-gravel bike camp.

How about a custom frame? perhaps ti or steel (Spirit). Someone like Burls.

Have thought about custom - maybe need to look more into this.
    Will check out the Eddy Merckx. Not heard of Blue Prosecco so wil check that too. Thanks.
  • Padang
    Padang Posts: 25
    Trek domane is in the endurance category, might try look at the specialized roubiax, bmc grandfondo or etc
  • rando
    Padang wrote:
    Trek domane is in the endurance category, might try look at the specialized roubiax, bmc grandfondo or etc

Was hoping to get something different this time from the Domane but clearly that is not going to happen with my measurements ! So yes it looks like its the endurance category i need for the reach / stack and headtube height.
    Definately do not want a Specialized and BMC are only sold via Evans as complete bikes and I would rather get a frameset and specify the groupset / wheels myself.
    Going to see if I can get the Cervelo C3/C5 to work with some stem length adjustments and also check out the Bianchi Infinito and Time Fluidity as i know all these can be purchased as framesets.
  • Did check the Fluidity geo yesterday, but thought it was a bit out.
    Have read in the past that the ride quality is something else though.

Time 765 (disk or rim): similar to the Merckx: 395 / 626
  • rando
    Did check the Fluidity geo yesterday, but thought it was a bit out.
    Have read in the past that the ride quality is something else though.

Time 765 (disk or rim): similar to the Merckx: 395 / 626

The bike shop that sells Time bikes is also a Look dealer so will also compare the Look 765.
    Struggling to find a Merckx dealer in the Midlands !

I better start Yoga classes to increase my flexibility so I can get lower and longer on the bike as this would open up so many options .