Castelli speedsuit sizing

CptKernow
CptKernow Posts: 467
edited August 2017 in Road buying advice
Just received a medium sized Castelli Sanremo speedsuit. Wondered if anyone else had one of these and could advise on the fit.

I'm around 5'10" and ~65Kg. I've had Castelli shorts in large (although not 100% this was right size) and find their tops in med are just right.

So, tried on the speedsuit and shorts felt good but the top seems to pull a lot around the shoulders and around the front / top of zip area. This is when I'm standing up. It also feels like the zip wants to ping open a bit.
I haven't tried on the bike as I don't want to mess the suit up before sending it back.

Now, this may be OK. I suppose as their are no bib straps the pull has got to go somewhere around there. But just wondered how tight it was supposed to feel around the shoulders - and how much stretch there should be in the jersey?

Thanks.

Comments

• When in the TT position it will be fine.
  • I have 2 San Remo. 1 med 1 small. I am 5'6" and the small is tight when stood up but as soon as I am on the bike it stretches in the right places to be comfortable. The medium feels ok all the time but I can see it is a bit loose at the waist. Med is probably right for you.
  • The cut is designed to be when your in the position on the bike. You'll be fine.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Same mistake people make when buying 1 piece leathers for motorcycle racing. They're designed for riding and not strolling around the paddock posing.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • I'm the same size and weight as you and have been in a medium suit all year. It's tight stood up but fits perfectly on the bike
  • CptKernow
    CptKernow Posts: 467
    Thanks for the help. Will commit to giving it a spin on the bike.

I suppose worst case I can always stick it on eBay for almost what I paid...