Brake levers for road bikes

Shaggy33
Shaggy33 Posts: 16
edited August 2017 in Workshop
I'm fitting bullhorns with bar end shifters to my road bike and need to fit some brake levers either side of stem. My problem is I need them to have a hinged bracket as I can't slide the closed style around the bends in the handlebar.
All the levers I've seen on my search are either not suitable for standard road cantilever brakes or have wrong diameter clamp for thinker BMW or MTB bars.
Anyone know of some that work??

Comments

• Bowks
    Bowks Posts: 6
  • Shaggy33
    Shaggy33 Posts: 16
    Thanks for link. If I can run these on their own as main brakes then yes they'd be good. I notice the thinnest bar option is 24 whereas my bars are 22.2, will they fit with a bit of tape wrapped around the bar?
  • Nick Payne
    Nick Payne Posts: 288
    Shaggy33 wrote:
    Thanks for link. If I can run these on their own as main brakes then yes they'd be good. I notice the thinnest bar option is 24 whereas my bars are 22.2, will they fit with a bit of tape wrapped around the bar?
    Paul Components make a canti lever with 22.2 clamp size. The clamp isn't hinged but if you remove the bolt and spring the clamp open slightly with a screwdriver blade you should be able to fit them around the curved section of the bars.

https://paulcomp.com/shop/components/canti-lever/
  • Bowks
    Bowks Posts: 6
    Shaggy33 wrote:

It might be easier at this point to source new bullhorn bars with a bigger diameter, that way you will be able to achieve the desired setup.