Does this look like a crack in my carbon frame?

ea23466
ea23466 Posts: 2
edited August 2017 in Road general
Hi,

My first post here.

I just started to ride again and noticed this on my old bike (lightly used, but have been standing unused for years):

IMG_0620.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

I understand that is probably hard to say something just from looking at the pictures, but do think think that should I look into it? Maybe ask the store from where i bought it?

It is a Giant TCR.

Cheers.

Comments

• joey54321
    joey54321 Posts: 1,297
    Nope, to me it looks like a very, very minor cosmetic issue with the paint. I would ride that with no concern for it.

It may be a crack, and if it gets bigger or more flexible, then yes, it's likely a defect but until then enjoy.

All just my opinion :)
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Yup - I'd say a flaw in the paint job. If it extends to the white paint, I'd then start to be concerned.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • rollemynot
    rollemynot Posts: 436
    it looks totally trashed...

If it's a large I will take it off your hands to save you having any issues in the future.
  • benjamess
    benjamess Posts: 159
    Rollemynot wrote:
    it looks totally trashed...

If it's a large I will take it off your hands to save you having any issues in the future.
    :lol:
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Cracks with the exception of where there's been impact damage, usually start from somewhere like a junction, joint, edge of a hole etc - not in the middle of a large section where stresses are evenly distributed.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Vanessa Feltz has a massive crack, post a picture to compare. Looks fine

yoOsV06J.jpg
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Vanessa Feltz has a massive crack, post a picture to compare. Looks fine

yoOsV06J.jpg

Yuk!