Giant Defy Advanced 2 or Kinesis 4s-Winter/Training Bike

tmr1980
tmr1980 Posts: 48
edited August 2017 in Road buying advice
Which 1 for commute / winter bike? Anyone ridden both / either bike?

Same cost both take mudguards and have 105 groupo.

Comments

• Just got the defy adv 2 and love it. Looks great in red.
  • tmr1980
    U gonna stick guards on it and use for winter? What height r u and what size did u go for?
  • tmr1980
    Speaking to giant today u can use the sks guards as well apparently.
  • Zmac31
    Zmac31 Posts: 34
    My dad love his DEFY advanced 2.
  • tmr1980 wrote:
    U gonna stick guards on it and use for winter? What height r u and what size did u go for?

I wasn't aware you could put guards on it until today so not thought about it. 183cm tall on a size M/L saddle as far back as it will go but reach of a Large isn't comfortable. Alot smoother than previous alu defy and discs are great.
  • tmr1980
    Yeah I'm 183cm as well and normally ride a 57/58 top tube with 13cm stem. Large will prob be a bit big and m/l a touch too small!! So if I go m/l I'll have to put saddle back more than normal.

I believe they're pretty much the smoothest ride going for road bike.
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,219
    I thought that the D-Fuse carbon framed bikes did not have built in mountings for mudguards? There is no seat/chain stay bridge or mountings on the fork, or have they change the design of the frame to accommodate them?
  • tmr1980 wrote:
    Yeah I'm 183cm as well and normally ride a 57/58 top tube with 13cm stem.

Bl00dy Hell- that's aggressive! You must have a l o n g torso?

I'm 183 and generally ride 55.5/56cm top tube with 120mm stem
  • tmr1980
    Think it's my monkey arms but had 2 independent now fits which came out with same result. Problem is every time I go in a bike shop they advise me to be on a 56cm frame which then sows that seed of doubt in your mind!!