FS remote questions!

cycloholix
cycloholix Posts: 3
edited August 2017 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi, i just get a FS frame and i got some questions on what shock to put so i can match the reba(rl i think) fork i already got with a dual remote lock out! My Reba got a cable push lock while i see that monarch got hydraulic lock. Also to mention that the lockout of reba works vise versa, in meaning of when you pull the cable is actually open and when you loose the cable is locked. What are the solutions available? If i buy a fox one or dtswiss, did the dual lock of them could work with Reba?! Any suggestions? Also i would prefer the rear shock to have 3 positions, locked, unlocked and a middle(pedal) position, just like fox and dt have. Searching the net came across to a topic that a guy changed the lockout damper of reba to fit the fox (or dt i dont remember well) dual lockout. Thanks!!!

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Most remotes will be cable operated. The damping is hydraulic.

And as for the rest, depends very much on specific models.

The shock needs to have the correct eye to eye length and travel for your frame. So start there.

The question I would ask is why? It's just as easy to flick a switch on the shock, and much less cluttered.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The length is 165x38. What do you mean why? Why i need a remote? Its my first time on a fully but i think it will be necessary when racing? No?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Who knows from your post?

Racing what?

I know plenty of people who race. None have remotes.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    If you have a shock with a decent pro-pedal in the damper it doesn't need a lockout, mine has no lockout but an adjustable pro-pedal and certainly doesn't give anything away to a fully locked out.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.