Constant flow of bubbles when bleeding brakes

CynanSmith
CynanSmith Posts: 7
edited August 2017 in MTB general
Hi, I've been trying to get my rear brake working correctly for ages now but I just can't fix them.
When I bleed my rear brake I get a constant flow of miniscule bubbles, I've got a brand new M615 brake caliper and a BH-59 brake hose with a brand new olive and insert but that still hasn't fixed it

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Given the information provided, no. The simple answer is build them properly and bleed them properly but without knowing what is wrong that is hard and nothing you've told us helps really.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Do you think there could be a hole in the brake hose?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Very unlikely, the walls are really thick and strong.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • What else could it be then?
  • Whats happened to it from when it was working to now?
    You've replaced the caliper and hose - why?
    Unless you've gone completely cack handed with fitting the bleed hose, you've got a leak in the system - clean it all up, dry it, bit of talc to show up any leaks and try bleeding again to identify where the leak is coming from.

Without more info my best guess is you haven't tightened it up enough at the lever to squish the olive into creating a seal.
  • Whats happened to it from when it was working to now?
    You've replaced the caliper and hose - why?
    Unless you've gone completely cack handed with fitting the bleed hose, you've got a leak in the system - clean it all up, dry it, bit of talc to show up any leaks and try bleeding again to identify where the leak is coming from.

Without more info my best guess is you haven't tightened it up enough at the lever to squish the olive into creating a seal.

Thanks I'll try that

I had to replace the caliper because I over tightened the bleeding bolt on the caliper and it lost its thread so it was just leaking loads of oil