Pinnacle Laterite 3

Bikequin
Bikequin Posts: 402
edited August 2017 in Road buying advice
Hi,

I was in Evans at the weekend looking for an entry level road bike, primarily for commuting on.

I had planned to look at the Trek Emonda, however I came across the Pinnacle Laterite 3, which for £700 looks incredibly well specced (105 Shifters, derailleurs and cassette).

I'd be interested to know people's thoughts on the bike and also what I'm missing as I can't quite work out why it's only £700.

Thanks!
You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quin.

Comments

• Bikequin
    Bikequin Posts: 402
    BTTT - Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks again.
    You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quin.
  • del1971
    del1971 Posts: 18
    Looks decent enough if you want a rim brake bike and it does seem to take full mudguards which are pretty much essential on a commuter. Pinnacles are well specced for the money. Negatives on that model are cheapo brakes and chainset and the frame will be on the heavy side compared to something like a Spesh Allez. For commuting i would look at the Pinnacle Dolomite. You will get lower spec drive chain at the price point but disc brakes and room for wider tyres more than make up for that. 2017 models are already discounted and should fall further. I've got a Dolomite 5 as my commuter and I'm happy with it.