lubrication confusion

2»

Comments

• meursault
    meursault Posts: 1,433
    keef66 wrote:
    meursault wrote:
    In my thread on this, it seems that most pro teams use Morgan Blue.

I'm going to give theirs a go. I like the sound of their muscle rubs too, ooeer missus.

Yebbut they have dudes pressure washing their bikes every night and redoing the lube.

There's loads of stuff the pros do that I'm not remotely interested in emulating

My butler washes and re-lubes mine.
    Superstition sets the whole world in flames; philosophy quenches them.

Voltaire
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    meursault wrote:
    keef66 wrote:
    meursault wrote:

I'm going to give theirs a go. I like the sound of their muscle rubs too, ooeer missus.

Yebbut they have dudes pressure washing their bikes every night and redoing the lube.

There's loads of stuff the pros do that I'm not remotely interested in emulating

Does he do your bike afterwards...? :shock: :wink:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • meursault
    meursault wrote:
    keef66 wrote:
    meursault wrote:

Does he do your bike afterwards...? :shock: :wink:

Indeed sir!

Voltaire
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    meursault wrote:
    it seems that most pro teams use Morgan Blue.

Because 'sponsorship'...
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    I do sometimes consider whether I'm doing more harm than good by using solvent - that I'm removing the lube from inside the pins/rollers where it is really needed. In winter though the crap that accumulates can't be doing the chain any good and so I keep cleaning it thoroughly.......
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • Alex99
    Alex99 Posts: 1,407
    Imposter wrote:
    meursault wrote:

Because 'sponsorship'...

That might be a factor, but the cleaner seems to work quite well.
  • Alex99
    Svetty wrote:
    I do sometimes consider whether I'm doing more harm than good by using solvent - that I'm removing the lube from inside the pins/rollers where it is really needed. In winter though the crap that accumulates can't be doing the chain any good and so I keep cleaning it thoroughly.......

Nope. Strip it back to clean, then put clean lube on. Otherwise, you're just diluting contaminated crud.
  • meursault
    Imposter wrote:
    meursault wrote:

Because 'sponsorship'...

You'd have to look pretty closely to see what they 'actually' use, and if they are using MB it's for a reason.

Voltaire
  • imposter2.0
    meursault wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    meursault wrote:

Because 'sponsorship'...

You'd have to look pretty closely to see what they 'actually' use, and if they are using MB it's for a reason.

The reason being sponsorship. Morgan blue is perfectly viable stuff, but it's not a magic potion. The MB bottles on the pro team trucks could actually contain 3in1 for all we know.
  • Alex99
    Imposter wrote:
    meursault wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    meursault wrote:

Because 'sponsorship'...

The reason being sponsorship. Morgan blue is perfectly viable stuff, but it's not a magic potion. The MB bottles on the pro team trucks could actually contain 3in1 for all we know.

I don't think they would paint 3-in-1 all over the chain and cassette before a water wash.
  • imposter2.0
    Alex99 wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    meursault wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    meursault wrote:

Because 'sponsorship'...

I don't think they would paint 3-in-1 all over the chain and cassette before a water wash.

Thank you Sherlock ;)
  • Alex99
    Imposter wrote:
    Alex99 wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    meursault wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    meursault wrote:

Because 'sponsorship'...

Thank you Sherlock ;)

No problem 8)
  • meursault
    A bottle of the Syn lube by Morgan Blue has winged it's way to me via Wiggle, So will give it a go. if I don't smear Haribo over the chain in error.

Voltaire