Marin Pine Mountain Suspension Fork

w00dster
w00dster Posts: 880
edited August 2017 in MTB buying advice
Hi All,
For Bikepacking I purchased a Marin Pine Mountain, bike has been really good at the majority of what I wanted it for, the only negative is I would like to run it with a front suspension. I do quite long rides over multiple days and my arms and shoulders start aching, so hoping that the suspension fork will help that. The terrain is natural trails (North Wales, Dartmoor, South Downs), probably best described as semi technical, but like most natural trails there is still a fair amount of rocky sections. My bike with the rigid fork is "Thru-Axle, Suspension Corrected, Boost 110mm Spacing" and the front hub is Joytech, 110x9mm.

Any idea if the below suspension fork would work straight out of the box with my 650B+ tyres? Size wise I won't go any larger than the 3" currently installed. I'm trying to avoid having to buy a new fork and wheel - a £250 fork upgrade on a £500 bike I can live with, but spending any more I'm almost getting into the better off buying a new bike territory.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/rockshox-recon- ... forks-275/

I did look on Marin's site for a way to contact them, but couldn't see any option.

Thanks.

Comments