Buying new CX Bike - Any advice?

Leatski
Leatski Posts: 3
edited August 2017 in Road buying advice
Hi Guys

I did the Fields of Joy CX race earlier this year and loved it. I have saved a bit of a cash and want to buy a CX bike to use at the Dirty Gran Fondo next month (I have entered the 45km event) and more regular CX races next winter. I will also use this bike for my regular commute (16km each way using Northern and Capital City Trail bike tracks).

I made a list of criteria for choosing the bike; all the below are "ideal scenario" and some of them I could live without:

Ideally a black or dark frame colour
1x Front ring.
Hydraulic Brakes
Internal cabling
Compatible for panniers (clip on ideally)

Here are the two bikes on my shortlist:

https://www.canyon.com/en-au/road/infli ... -race.html

http://www.bmc-switzerland.com/au-en/bi ... a01-rival/

Just wondered if anybody had other new bikes that I may have not seen?

Cheers

chris

Comments

• luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    I'd go with the BMC out of those two. Only reason is i think it looks better! Reckon you wouldn't go far wrong with either, as long as it fits you ok. If you can try the BMC in store it would be worth doing before laying down the cash, given Canyon are obviously direct sale only (across Europe at any rate)
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • Leatski
    Leatski Posts: 3
    Luv2ride wrote:
    I'd go with the BMC out of those two. Only reason is i think it looks better! Reckon you wouldn't go far wrong with either, as long as it fits you ok. If you can try the BMC in store it would be worth doing before laying down the cash, given Canyon are obviously direct sale only (across Europe at any rate)

Cheers L2R, I agree.

Buy what you can try.

I was always a bit unsure on Canyon but I am a big fan of Jan Frodeno which made me strongly consider buying online and having shipped to Oz.

BMC (From North City Cycles in Melbourne - who I would thoroughly recommend).

c