Specialized Roubaix

Countrystock
Countrystock Posts: 31
edited August 2017 in Road buying advice
Been looking around for my next bike and have found a Roubaix Comp in my price range.

I know that all reviews give this bike an excellent write up, but I would like to hear from any owners and what it is like in the real world.

Thank you

Comments

• Will be watching this post for some real world feedback, certainly looks an interesting bike
  • I would like to hear from any owners and what it is like in the real world.

You do know this is the internet :!: :?:
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • chippyk
    chippyk Posts: 529
    I borrowed one from my local Specialized Concept store. I didn't like it, I felt that the front end bobbed when putting some effort in when sat down. Good at taking the buzz out of those horrible worn road surfaces though. 2018 models look stupidly expensive so a discount on a 2017 will look a bargain in comparison.
  • I bought one last year (can't remember the model offhand, but it has Di2). Great ride, super comfortable over our often rough roads. Good for long distances, and goes plenty quick for a "non-race" bike. I upgraded the wheels to some Cero's to save some weight, but the ones that came with it were also tubeless ready. FI you can get with a discount I would say go for it as others have mentioned prices are creeping up for this year (in fact I think they went up in between my buying one and later releases of the same year).