Rapha delivery

vinnymarsden
vinnymarsden Posts: 560
edited August 2017 in Road buying advice
I like |Rapha gear...however, why is it, with a lot of online sales you pay 4 or 5 quid at most and you get next day delivery..you pay £5 to Rapha for normal delivery..it seems odd..hopefully the WalMart buy in will change things..Rapha do free returns, as if thats something out of the ordinary either!!

Comments

• meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Somebody needs to pay for those (crazy) black envelopes :wink:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    Rapha do free returns, as if thats something out of the ordinary either!!

It's also not unusual for companies to not offer free returns either. £5 and I have to wait a day or two for delivery, with the ability to send it back FOC, or £5 for next day and another fiver to send it back if it ain't right. Makes no real difference to me.

There's really nothing to moan about, given that ultimately if you order something that's posted for free next day delivery you've already paid for the postage somewhere along the line anyway.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • Apart from the biggies i.e. Wiggle/chain reaction, a lot of cycle shops only do free delivery above a certain amount and very rarely offer free returns.

Rapha postage is too much but you get around it but bumping your order up to £100 and sending what you don't want back free of charge.

A slight pain but at some point they might get the message...
  • chippyk
    chippyk Posts: 529
    Apart from the biggies i.e. Wiggle/chain reaction, a lot of cycle shops only do free delivery above a certain amount and very rarely offer free returns.

Rapha postage is too much but you get around it but bumping your order up to £100 and sending what you don't want back free of charge.

A slight pain but at some point they might get the message...

Winner.

Although to be fair spending £100 at Rapha isn't hard.
  • £4 next day delivery for RCC members
  • chippyk
    chippyk Posts: 529
    £4 next day delivery for RCC members

Long been tempted by RCC membership, if you live nowhere near a clubhouse, and you don't travel to somewhere you can hire a bike from, what are the actual benefits?
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    ChippyK wrote:
    £4 next day delivery for RCC members

Long been tempted by RCC membership, if you live nowhere near a clubhouse, and you don't travel to somewhere you can hire a bike from, what are the actual benefits?

Scroll to the bottom of this page and read https://www.rapha.cc/gb/en/rcc/membership
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    So not many then.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • stevie63
    stevie63 Posts: 481
    For the £135 you would expect that they would give free express delivery to Members, but no half price instead. How rubbish is that.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,969
    You can't be exclusive and attractive. :wink:
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.