Why is Everything so Sh!t These Days?

2»

Comments

• mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    I do owe him £15k

Take a picture of the cash all in a pile and send it to him. Take another one tomorrow with a slightly smaller pile of cash to the right (you decanted this from yesterday's large pile) and send this to him, explaining. Guess what you do the next day. Should see him round soon enough.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • Mouth wrote:
    I do owe him £15k

Take a picture of the cash all in a pile and send it to him. Take another one tomorrow with a slightly smaller pile of cash to the right (you decanted this from yesterday's large pile) and send this to him, explaining. Guess what you do the next day. Should see him round soon enough.

I do like your thinking but I fluctuate from day to day.

one day angry and just want completion - so thinking fark it and get somebody in to do the work and string out payment to builder after making appropriate deductions.

Other days I am thinking it is all pretty insignificant and I have his money offsetting my mortgage.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    I'm going to add Amazon to the list of shysters: Miss MRS's fireTVstick doesn't work on any other resolution than 720p. Talking to Amazon, it's clearly a known issue. So what will they do for her. "Just send it back". What about the content she bought to watch with it....? Would they consider upgrading her to the 4K? "Err - No".

BT, SSE also go in the "steaming pile" but that would surprise nobody.

Microsoft, though, have joined the ranks of the businesses that seem to care. Very impressed by them today.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,073
    Mouth wrote:
    I do owe him £15k

one day angry and just want completion - so thinking fark it and get somebody in to do the work and string out payment to builder after making appropriate deductions.

Other days I am thinking it is all pretty insignificant and I have his money offsetting my mortgage.
    Just watch out for litigious builders. In one example I know of, the builder was very late and workmanship had deteriorated. When the client's patience finally snapped and the contract was terminated he suddenly responded with solicitor's letters alleging this and that, and threats of claims.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • rjsterry wrote:
    Mouth wrote:
    I do owe him £15k

Just watch out for litigious builders. In one example I know of, the builder was very late and workmanship had deteriorated. When the client's patience finally snapped and the contract was terminated he suddenly responded with solicitor's letters alleging this and that, and threats of claims.

Good point - I am fortunate enough to have an excess of lawyers in the family who usually stop me from making irrational decisions
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    rjsterry wrote:

I had this on a £3m work project 25 years ago. There was £25k per week liquidated damages clause so the contractor's lawyers came in hard with a counter-claim. This is where it pays to be well documented and have evidence of what happened and when. They ended up paying us £250k.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH