Alpine Trek Co Uk

iwilldoit
iwilldoit Posts: 710
edited September 2017 in MTB buying advice
Hi All

Anyone used the above they seem to have some good deals but looking through customer reviews a lot of customers moaning about slow delivery 2-3 weeks, there web site says 2-3 day delivery, just wondering what they are like as 2-3 weeks is no good to me.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    They are a German company, just with a sneaky web address.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • iwilldoit
    cooldad wrote:
    They are a German company, just with a sneaky web address.

Yes looking at their stuff on the bottom of the web site it all seemed very German, have you ever used them ?
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    I've used them and found them to be very good.

Had no problems with delivery time - maybe not 2-3 days but definitely within a week. I've probably had 3 or 4 orders from them in total including walking, cycling and via ferrata stuff.

Also had to return an item to them (I ordered 2 pairs of shoes in different sizes to try) and had no problems there. They have a fixed return postage price which is reassuring as the postage back to Germany would otherwise have been expensive.

They used to have a different name (I think Bergfreunde) but it seems like they're obviously now trying to expand and get a bigger share of the online market across Europe.

You'll see they also give a £5 voucher for signing up to their mailing list. I've managed to take advantage of that more than once by signing up using different email addresses.
  • iwilldoit
    Thanks for the reply MrB123 a weeks fine just when I was reading 2-3 weeks that was to long I have emailed them to see if the stuff is in stock and a eta on delivery.
  • iwilldoit
    Well so far so good, ordered the tyres off Alpine Trek around mid day Friday and deliver yesterday Tuesday so very impressive.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    iwilldoit wrote:
    Well so far so good, ordered the tyres off Alpine Trek around mid day Friday and deliver yesterday Tuesday so very impressive.

Glad to hear it. German efficiency!
  • Can I wade in here with my twopennyworth!
    Am looking to buy a pair of shoes but their German site is over cheaper so emailed them,and have tried to 'phone on a number of occasions, to request a price parity-I have also tried to register for discount by signing up for their newsletters but the link will not work.
    If they can't be bothered to contact a potential customer can't imagine what it would be like if I had a problem after delivery.
    Think I'm going to spend my money in Blighty with a Company I have used before!
    In a word.....beware!
    I disapprove of what you say but will defend....your right to say it. Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire08 Cotic Soda-deceased!10 Bianchi 928 c2c23 Marin Nicasio2
  • Can I wade in here with my twopennyworth!
    Am looking to buy a pair of shoes but their German site is over cheaper so emailed them,and have tried to 'phone on a number of occasions, to request a price parity-I have also tried to register for discount by signing up for their newsletters but the link will not work.
    If they can't be bothered to contact a potential customer can't imagine what it would be like if I had a problem after delivery.
    Think I'm going to spend my money in Blighty with a Company I have used before!
    In a word.....beware!

That's a shame, I must admit when I went on there site and saw they were in Germany and using a .CO.UK web address I had my doubts, also as the tyres were nearly half the price of Chainreaction, so emailed them to see if the were in stock which they confirmed, then emailed them again to make sure they were Black Chilli & Protection and again they confirmed they were, all in all I had 4-5 emails off them with all the tracking info etc and received the tyres with in 3 days.