FSA K-Force Light bottom bracket alternatives

Harry182
Harry182 Posts: 1,170
edited August 2017 in Workshop
This is probably a longshot but thought I'd mine the vast knowledge of the BR Forum before doing something extreme:

I have an FSA K-Force Light crankset and FSA BB-8200 bottom bracket. The BB is a BSA threaded, external-bearings type.

The bottom bracket needs replacing.

My problem is that BB-8200 bottom brackets are prohibitively expensive, ie roughly 10X the cost of a Dura Ace equivalent.

Does anyone know of a compatible alternative bottom bracket for an FSA K-Force Light crankset?

Comments

• svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    I have a Hope BSA BB which works fine - I've had several Yorkshire winters use out of it and it is still smooth as butter. The crank arms are now a bit scratched and battered though....
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Any of the cheaper MegaExo BBs should do, doesn't have to be the absurdly-expensive K-force ceramic one..
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    The plastic bike has a K Force crank in a b/b that used to have an Ultegra crank, so anything that fits a Shimano crank which will leave you a million options.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,170
    Thanks for the responses. Will prob try a cheaper Shimano and, if that works out, eventually upgrade to a Hope BB.