Which Power2Max

DeVlaeminck
DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,031
edited August 2017 in Road buying advice
Thinking of getting a P2M power meter - can anyone advice me which I need or if there is a choice which is best to go for. Looking at their webpage they don't have compatibility with my exiating crankset. I'm running Ultegra with a wheels manufacturing converter in a PF30 bottom bracket shell.

I understand Stages would be a simpler swop for one crank arm and probably cheaper but recommendations from clubmates seem to be te P2M is worth the extra, problem is I'm not sure how much extra it'll be.
[Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]

Comments

• jon33
    jon33 Posts: 256
    I've been recently looking at these, if you're running a 24mm ultegra crankset at the mo the Rotor 3d24 which is on offer will fit it.
  • My P2M Type S has been excellent. Never misses a beat and I use it for CX as well.

Compatibility depends on what rings you want to run, 4 arm 11 speed? Go for the NG FSA K Force Light
    http://www.power2max.com/northamerica/product/power2max-ng-road/power2max-ng-fsa-k-force-light-megaexo-power-meter-2/

Anything else will fit on the Type S Rotor 3d24 like jon33 said.

You can also go 11 speed on the Type S with Praxis Works Chainrings. That's what I have, just on a Cannondale Si crank.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,031
    Yes 4 arm 11 speed. Would prefer 110 bcd and 172.5. Thanks will look at the
    links.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • jon33
    jon33 Posts: 256
    I think the 3d24 is on offer at the moment with the chainrings etc all included.