Sportive buying advice

Surfer998
Surfer998 Posts: 9
edited August 2017 in Road buying advice
So after a long time out of the saddle I've decided to get back into cycling.

From the reading I've sportive bike seem to have a more relaxed rider position than some others so hence that's type I've been looking at.

Ideally I want a all year round bike, my budget is £1,000 - £1,500 for the bike, any suggestions, pointers etc would be appreciated.

Comments

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    What have you had in the past ? Any preference for gears ? Shimano or Campag ? Triple or Double ?
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    Giant,specialized would be a good place to start. By all year round bike - do you mean on that accepts mudguards ?

There are plenty of people who ride a single bike all year round - without issue - other than a wet backside or ratlling of versatile 'fit any bike' mudguards

If you want more than that then your looking for bikes with clearance for bigger tyres - and maybe disc brakes (although at your budget they are likley to be mechanical, not hydro discs - lots of adjustment IME)

Theres loads out there all good - its depends what things are important to you...
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    If it were me - I'd be looking for a bike with a compact chainset - the days of 53 teeth chainrings have passed. A double should be ok for most people.

Taking 28mm wide tyres and the ability to put proper mudguards on with no issues.
  • Wait to see what price the 2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc drops to.;)
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Thanks for the suggestions, yes by all year has the potential to fit mudguards. Shimano 105 seems to be a good choice, if it was to have disks then yes would want them to be hyrdo, spec wire a ribble gran fondo seems to tick most boxes albeit slightly over budget