New commuting bike suggestions

Mark__gti
Mark__gti Posts: 177
edited August 2017 in Commuting chat
Soo i have had a Genesis Equilibrium disc for the last 4 years and quite fancy an upgrade,

My wants are:
Disc Brakes
BSA bottom bracket
Mudguard mounts
Lighter than the Genesis

So far i've been looking at buying either a Mason Bokeh or definition frameset,

Are there any other bikes that meet my requirements out there?

Budget is around £1k for a frameset or £2k for a complete bike,

Comments

• imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    That orange Bokeh is a great looking frame - and Alu Frame/Carbon Forks can be a fun ride, running fat tyres is a laugh, and seems to have everything. Still pricey though...
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    keep the Genesis for commuting, get my CAAD12 disc with disc brakes, Ultegra and snazzy wheels 2k for the weekends 8) :twisted:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Canyon Inflite?

£1500 will get you a full bike with Ultegra and hydraulic discs. I have guards and a rack on mine for commuting purposes.

I actually sold my Equilibrium last month as riding the Inflite was so much nicer.

Unfortunately its a press fit bb.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    As a Bokeh owner, I'll say you've already made the right choice, although don't cheap out on the build.
  • Mark__gti
    DrLex wrote:
    As a Bokeh owner, I'll say you've already made the right choice, although don't cheap out on the build.

Whats the spec of yours?
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    edited August 2017
    Bought the rolling chassis (700) in orange but put on a set of hand built 650b with a dynamo, Di2 Ultegra, supernova lights and odds'n'sods for cockpit/contact points, so not a budget build. Careful shopping and a dive in the spares box should get you a frame & 105 groupset for £2K
  • Mark__gti
    Definitely not a budget build!
    I already have a set of hand build disc wheels, Trying to find a decent price for the Sram cx1 groupsets seems to be hard as not many sites seem to have it in-stock?!
  • Widgey
    Widgey Posts: 157
    Definition owner here - amazing frame. Can get 28s on it with mudguards - although quite tight