Specialized BG Footbeds (London)

cgfw201
cgfw201 Posts: 680
edited August 2017 in Road buying advice
Been getting a sore right foot on longer rides (4h+) this year.

Time to do something about it, and I've seen the Spesh gb footbeds are a mere £20 or so.

Anyone got any experience of sticking these in their shoes, and where did you go to make sure you got the right ones (in London ideally)?

Comments

• imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    cgfw201 wrote:
    Been getting a sore right foot on longer rides (4h+) this year.

Time to do something about it, and I've seen the Spesh gb footbeds are a mere £20 or so.

Anyone got any experience of sticking these in their shoes, and where did you go to make sure you got the right ones (in London ideally)?

Condor have a decent range along with the plastic shims, and other stuff. The fact that 1mm shim stopped my knee hurting almost entirely would make me hesitate from self-diagnosis on hip/knee/anklefoot problems. Get a bike fit and they will sort all this stuff out if they are half decent.
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    I recently got a pair of the blue ones
    My LBS (hargroves) have a heat foot thing that I stood on and they told me which to get (it's quite easy to do with wet feet and a dry floor, then follow specialized's website)

They are odd. I now have quite a lot of pressure under my arches, but I've not noticed an increase in comfort/discomfort yet.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,128
    the chains like evans and cyclesurgery sell them (check store stock online), also sigma sport in kingston

if you're central and want full evaluation/fitting, cyclefit are good, located between holborn and covent garden
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • cgfw201
    Can't see the selection guide on the spesh website, will pop into a shop and see what they can do.
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    If they're a dealer they should have the heat thing as above.

If it turns out you need the green (most support) ones I've got a brand new pair I'll sell you. I am in London.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • cgfw201
    Went to Condor, got some of the Blue ones, interested to see what difference they make.
  • cgfw201
    So 150 miles in, they feel a bit weird. Sensation of having half a golf ball under the arch of my foot, not painful, just a bit odd. No foot pain so far, bit concerned by left knee feeling a bit unusual, will keep an eye on that.
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    Did you do the arch test before you bought?
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • cgfw201
    okgo wrote:
    Did you do the arch test before you bought?

yerp, was between blue & green, went blue, green felt a bit aggressive.
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    I'm not convinced by my blue ones.
    I think they were making my right knee hurt on longer rides, so took them out for my ride last night and now my left hurts even more :|