East London canals

jds_1981
jds_1981 Posts: 1,858
edited August 2017 in Commuting chat
FYI, there are a spate of late night muggings going on so take care.
FCN 9 || FCN 5

Comments

• imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    Thanks JDS will be a bit more aware - I went all the way from the Thames to Waltham Abbey last night - but earlier than I imagine the muggers come out. Luckily the ar5ewipes who were putting lines across the bike path have stopped.
  • jds_1981
    jds_1981 Posts: 1,858
    imatfaal wrote:
    Thanks JDS will be a bit more aware - I went all the way from the Thames to Waltham Abbey last night - but earlier than I imagine the muggers come out. Luckily the ar5ewipes who were putting lines across the bike path have stopped.
    Didn't hear about that. Where was it?
    FCN 9 || FCN 5
  • imatfaal
    The floating path underneath the A12 just before Three Mill Island. I hit one that was just above hip height (tied to the two hand rails) - I was on my beast of a steel MTB which feels like it could ride through walls but I still nearly stacked it; the line broke which was lucky. I mentioned it to a few other cyclists on the canal path that day and one of the other commuters said he had hit one, come off and afterwards he reported to old bill.

I thought I posted it here - but cannot find it
  • I often take the Limehouse Cut to/from work. Thanks for the heads up, I might give it a miss until the schools are back if it is like that.
  • imatfaal
    I often take the Limehouse Cut to/from work. Thanks for the heads up, I might give it a miss until the schools are back if it is like that.

On the lines across the path; there was a flurry and it seems to have stopped - on the muggings; I reckon one would be ok at normal commuting times. I do the Cut twice a day, five or six times a week, all year; I reckon it is still a lot safer than the madness which is Whitechapel/Mile End Road/Bow Roundabout.

Say Hello if you see me - 40 something, always fully lycra-ed up and carrying rucksack, over-exerting, and on blue hybrid or yellow mtb or grey synapse