Forum home Road cycling forum Your road bikes

Bianchi Specialissima

shamrock134shamrock134 Posts: 714
edited February 2018 in Your road bikes
Picked up this baby last week. Controversial colour scheme, but I wanted something "unique". :)

t0BJg4Wl.jpg
EIZ7lRQl.jpg
2hhoghSl.jpg
XfR47k9l.jpg
jbzdw9vl.jpg
K7phpsll.jpg


Frame: Bianchi Specialissima size 47cm
Bars: Zipp SL-70
Stem: Fizik Cyrano R1
Bar Tape: Rapha Cinelli limited edition
Groupset: Record EPS
Seat: Fizik Arione R1 carbon braided
Seat Post: Fizik Cyrano R1
Chainring(s): 52-36
Cassette: 12-27
Pedals: Speedplay Zero
Wheels: Campagnolo Bora One 35 clincher
Tyres: Vittoria Open Corsa
Accessories: Carbonworks.de cages, Fizik barfly garmin mount

Weight: 6.9kg unladen
«1

Posts

  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Very nice, what's the ride like shamrock, does the specialissima have a counter vail frame?
  • Very nice, what's the ride like shamrock, does the specialissima have a counter vail frame?

    Yes it's Countervail.

    I've only ridden 8 different frames since I started cycling. All I can say is it's the nicest ride of any bike of ridden so far. The problem is there are so many variables between bikes besides the frame that it could be due to any number of these.
  • That certainly is unique, did you consider getting some integrated bars that would hide your EPS junction box and have a nicer gamin mount
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Not really, I was mainly concerned with getting 36cm-wide bars which seem to be quite rare. Only Zipp or 3T that I could find and only alloy no carbon.

    I think the Garmin mount looks a bit cheap up close but it's more discrete than the other ones I own such as the K-edge or Superstar Components.
  • alex222alex222 Posts: 598
    Nice, I like it
  • roktrokt Posts: 493
    Very nice and I love the colour !
  • It'looks cool - there are too many boring black bikesout there that all look the same. Its great some people are bringing some colour into the world
  • Thanks!

    I mean I like a stealthy bike as much as anybody and I definitely could have got a Canyon that was similarly specced for less money but then I'd have two black bikes!

    Hopefully, I'll have some more professional-looking pics soon that the shop took.
  • Love it.

    I do love a pink bicycle....
  • Love it. The fact the colour scheme will annoy purists is just a bonus :D
  • Love it. The fact the colour scheme will annoy purists is just a bonus :D

    Heh, not my intention.

    I really like the standard CK16 colour but I also quite like pink! :)
  • smokey_baconsmokey_bacon Posts: 1,639
    Saw a bike very very similar, if not the same as this out in SW London this morning. That pink and those tan walls look gorgeous!
  • Might have been me, I went out for a quick loop to Box Hill and back.
  • smokey_baconsmokey_bacon Posts: 1,639
    Heading into Battersea Rise, all black kit, and, I think, a black evade helemt?
  • Heading into Battersea Rise, all black kit, and, I think, a black evade helemt?

    Yup that was me! Went out to PB Box on my new steed and I think I did it but GPS drift meant Strava shows me riding through the bushes up zig-zag road so it didn't even register the segment. :cry:

    I've only seen one other pink Bianchi around London and it's a pink/yellow Oltre XR4, a guy who frequents Regent's Park. He takes it a bit too far IMO... he rides with matching pink helmet, pink jersey and pink tyre sidewalls. :lol:
  • smokey_baconsmokey_bacon Posts: 1,639
    Oooof that sounds like an eyeful and a half. Think youve got it spot on the pics dont do justice to it in the metal. Chapeau!

    Sounds like you need a new gps :wink:
  • Love it! except the tan sidewalls.....distracts from the beautiful frame
  • Love it! except the tan sidewalls.....distracts from the beautiful frame

    I thought the same about the tan walls but I had the tyres already so didn't want to spend on a new set until these are worn. Also, Lotto Jumbo use tan walls with their Bianchis.

    I might put my 808s on soon to see how it looks. :twisted: First though, I'm off to Majorca to attack some climbs!
  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 9,441
    : First though, I'm off to Majorca to attack some climbs!

    Enjoy, I am sure you will with Specialissimia
  • mfinmfin Posts: 6,724
    That's a hell of a lot to spend on a bike you'll grow out of.

    (Only joking, in fact I really like it too).
  • mfin wrote:
    That's a hell of a lot to spend on a bike you'll grow out of.

    Ha, didn't see this comment before. Unfortunately, I ain't gonna get any taller. :cry:

    The steerer has now been chopped and I thought I'd swap out the climbing wheels to see how it looked...

    zvW7ZFT.jpg
  • BeatmakerBeatmaker Posts: 1,092
    Thats lovely. I much prefer the Boras on it.
  • mfinmfin Posts: 6,724
    Beatmaker wrote:
    Thats lovely. I much prefer the Boras on it.

    Agreed. In fact, 808s should only be sold front only, and only used on TT bikes. There's no real logic to them being on road bike and they look weird. I always think on a road bike they've been bought by someone who mistakenly thinks that deeper looks cooler and have yet to work out they were wrong.

    Pink bike frames are cool. The C60 looks great in it too, the C60 seems to have a slight hint of black chucked in it to make it look like a dirty pink too which doesn't come across in photos.
  • I really like this build and saw a similar C60 paint scheme over on WW. Not sure I could carry off the pink frame but perfectly in keeping with the Italian theme.

    A
    Alistair


    Best Weather Bike - Time ZXRS
    Summer Road Bike - Pinarello FPX Dogma
    Winter Road Bike- Colnago E1
    Being Dismantled - Sintesi Blade
    Mountain Bike - Sold them all....
  • mfin wrote:
    Beatmaker wrote:
    Thats lovely. I much prefer the Boras on it.

    Agreed. In fact, 808s should only be sold front only, and only used on TT bikes. There's no real logic to them being on road bike and they look weird. I always think on a road bike they've been bought by someone who mistakenly thinks that deeper looks cooler and have yet to work out they were wrong.

    Haha, whilst I appreciate your point, I don't think it's fair to say that somebody can be "wrong" about what subjectively looks cool! Also, wheels can be swapped in and out trivially.

    Ideally, I'd want a pair of Bora 50s since they are barely heavier than 35s and I do prefer the deeper look.

    I don't know if it's perhaps down to the tyres (Michelin Pro4 vs Vittoria Corsa) but the Zipps are definitely not as nice to ride as the Boras.
  • Have you been doing laps in Regents Park recently? If not, someone else has got the same idea as you...
  • Thigh_burn wrote:
    Have you been doing laps in Regents Park recently? If not, someone else has got the same idea as you...

    Yes, but not on this bike.

    I think it may be the guy previously mentioned with a pink Oltre XR4? He goes all the way with pink kit and accessories too!

    Word on the street is he was formerly a high-level amateur in France who doped. :mrgreen:
  • Garry HGarry H Posts: 6,639
    Glad you cut the steerer. What saddle bag is that?
  • More pictures please!! Love the bike, a bold colour scheme, but with a lot of character.
    Constantly trying to upgrade my parts.It is a long road ahead as things are so expensive for little gain. n+1 is always the principle in my mind.
  • Garry H wrote:
    Glad you cut the steerer. What saddle bag is that?

    Fizik 00 saddle bag. Got it for the matchy-matchy with seatpost and saddle. It's quite compact and only just fits in a tube, multi-tool and levers!

    Iml7FyDl.png
    mikeyj28 wrote:
    More pictures please!! Love the bike, a bold colour scheme, but with a lot of character.

    Thanks! Got a few more pics from the Majorca trip :D

    BMdFU3Ph.jpg
    fE6aQgO.jpg
    Zg4JFWBl.jpg
    v6ZoawCl.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.