Budget of £800

Baron Greenback
Baron Greenback Posts: 128
edited August 2017 in MTB buying advice
Hi all,

Sorry for yet another what should I buy thread, however I've searched the forum a lot, and I'm hoping you can help me with some quite specific requirements.

I'm looking to buy another bike on c2w. I currently have a cube attention 2016, which I am planning to hand down to the wife.

Here's my list of preferences (not all are essential):

Budget of 800 ish
To be bought from tredz
Shimano 3 x 10, or 1 x 11
29 wheels
Air shock
Front fork with through axle
Not a 27.2 seat post
Shimano brakes

I'm not expecting to get all of the above,

So far, the closest contender is a cube attention sl. The only downside is the 27.2 seatpost, making it challenging to find a dropper in the future.

Your ideas would be welcomed, many thanks in advance!

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Most the Tredz offerings are much of a muchness at that price point, but the Spesh Rockhopper does step up to the better gold forks.
    https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Specialized-Ro ... _95262.htm

To be honest they don't have anything that's great value as you are paying for high end names, you may well get a better bike for the same total outlay by shopping around with cash.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Many thanks for the reply. You are right, options are limited at £800.

Buying with cash isn't really an option for me at the moment, and I'm reluctant to finance, as I'm looking to buy a full suspension bike on finance in about March next year.

Perhaps I'd be better off spending the full £1000 on the bike, there seems to be more options up there?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Or just buy a second had bike to last you until March, lots of decent bikes for about £200-300 and it won't lose much value.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.