SRAM Rear Gear Shifter Problems.

DonLykeB
DonLykeB Posts: 34
edited August 2017 in MTB workshop & tech
Hello Everyone.

Recently installed a set of Shimano SLX brakes on my Boardman 2016 Mountain Comp. Although I don't believe this could cause any problems I may have knocked something during installation.

Pretty much my rear gear shifter (particularly this one http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobi ... 7C288892UK) has been having issues.

Out of nowhere, the button which allows me to shift down (to a smaller gear) has stopped clicking, and only works when I press the button all the down, and then extra hard. So lets just say I need to press it extremely hard to get the gear changed when it used to work perfectly fine.

Any advice or experience on this issue? I can't find much info online.

Many Thanks.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    New brakes fouling the shifter?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Be careful if you decide to open the casing . Springs inside and a pig to reassemble.
  • jamski
    jamski Posts: 737
    I once had a problem with a Deore shifter and someone said to make sure they weren't clamped hard up against the brake lever. Like magic, moving it 2mm away from the brake solved the problem.
    Daddy, Husband, Designer, Biker, Gamer, Geek
    Bird Aeris 120 | Boardman Team 650b | Boardman Pro FS | Calibre Two.two
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    For clarity, the smaller lever shifts UP to a smaller sprocket.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.