Cannondale SuperSix EVO Ultegra Di2 2017

RossoCorso34
RossoCorso34 Posts: 204
edited August 2017 in Road buying advice
Has anybody got any experience of the Cannondale SuperSix EVO Ultegra Di2 2017? I can't find anything about it online anywhere.

I've been offered one at a good price and trying to get some insight to it is nigh on impossible. First hand insight would be great :)

Comments

• bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    Research a super six evo and di2 separately simples.

The bike is very good by all accounts and the group set ok if you don't mind the hassle of batteries failing and having expensive costs when parts go wrong.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    solboy10 wrote:
    and the group set ok if you don't mind the hassle of batteries failing and having expensive costs when parts go wrong.

PMSL :lol:

And bloody cyclists don't pay road tax :wink:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • bmxboy10
    solboy10 wrote:
    and the group set ok if you don't mind the hassle of batteries failing and having expensive costs when parts go wrong.

Seriously I have heard a few stories of batteries not holding a charge and then being over £120 to replace and that's why I have not bought into di2. I also think ETap makes di2 a less attractive proposition now.

That said you obviously like it looking at your sig.

I must say I like the look of the Evo di2 for £2k in the sales just the colour way is not my thing looks like the A Team van....
  • solboy10 wrote:
    Research a super six evo and di2 separately simples.

The bike is very good by all accounts and the group set ok if you don't mind the hassle of batteries failing and having expensive costs when parts go wrong.
    Is it fair enough to say that any Super6 Evo (not High Mod) review will be using the same frame? I can find a lot about the disc version, so the handling and ride will be similar to what's mentioned in those reviews?
  • chippyk
    chippyk Posts: 529
    solboy10 wrote:
    solboy10 wrote:

Seriously I have heard a few stories of batteries not holding a charge and then being over £120 to replace and that's why I have not bought into di2. I also think ETap makes di2 a less attractive proposition now.

You've heard a few stories, "friend of my mate Dave's brother" or read them on the internet? I don't doubt there are a few iffy batteries out there but it's not a huge issue.

You are right on one thing though, ETAP is the way forward, it will be interesting to see how Shimano get around SRAM's IP on it.
  • ChippyK wrote:
    ETAP is the way forward,

Is it, really?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • bmxboy10
    ChippyK wrote:
    solboy10 wrote:
    solboy10 wrote:

You've heard a few stories, "friend of my mate Dave's brother" or read them on the internet? I don't doubt there are a few iffy batteries out there but it's not a huge issue.

You are right on one thing though, ETAP is the way forward, it will be interesting to see how Shimano get around SRAM's IP on it.

I have heard a few stories yes and generally that's how you hear stories. The stories are from people who own di2. Cheers.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    solboy10 wrote:
    I have heard a few stories yes and generally that's how you hear stories. The stories are from people who own di2. Cheers.

It's funny because I've followed Di2 for the last 6 years and I've heard hardly any stories of battery failures - let alone those that haven't been replaced under warranty or consumer rights. I'd expect a battery that costs £120 and a very low recharge cycle to have a long life and that's what I'd be claiming. Even more funny is the idea, if you have battery concerns, that you'd then want to choose a system with 4 batteries. That said, my oldest battery is 6 years old and still going strong as are the ones that are 4 and 2 years old.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • nochekmate
    nochekmate Posts: 3,460
    solboy10 wrote:
    ChippyK wrote:
    solboy10 wrote:
    solboy10 wrote:

I can understand the debate of Di2 v mechanical (I've got both) but attacking Di2 on the issue of reliability is harsh!

It just works! Zero maintenance on my part really & battery holds charge for months on end.

I'd happily recommend it from a functional perspective - aesthetically it could be better.

I have the older Ultegra 10 speed Di2 for info.
  • I've taken a punt on the bike, I will let you know in the coming months if my batteries run out and fall out leaving me stranded atop a mountain* somewhere in Berkshire
  • bmxboy10
    You've gotta luv this forum....
  • Ernesider
    Ernesider Posts: 300
    theboyfold wrote:
    I've taken a punt on the bike, I will let you know in the coming months if my batteries run out and fall out leaving me stranded atop a mountain* somewhere in Berkshire

I don't think you need worry too much ..!!
  • Ernesider wrote:
    theboyfold wrote:
    I've taken a punt on the bike, I will let you know in the coming months if my batteries run out and fall out leaving me stranded atop a mountain* somewhere in Berkshire

I don't think you need worry too much ..!!

True, the mountains aren't that big!

It'll be a couple of weeks before I can actually get on the bike, so I'll update when I can.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    You can't go wrong with a Supersix and with Ultegra
    left the forum March 2023
  • I have a Supersix Evo Hi-Mod, it's a fantastic frameset, admittedly I have a mechanical groupset (Dura Ace) but immaterial of your groupset choice it's still going to be a great frame option.
  • Got the bike on Friday, manage to get about 150 miles on it this weekend, and I'm really happy with it so far. The Di2 wasn't that well setup by the store, so that's my next job. Otherwise I'm very happy, it's quite a step from the 12 year old Cinelli I've been riding.
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    theboyfold wrote:
    Got the bike on Friday, manage to get about 150 miles on it this weekend, and I'm really happy with it so far. The Di2 wasn't that well setup by the store, so that's my next job. Otherwise I'm very happy, it's quite a step from the 12 year old Cinelli I've been riding.
    What do you mean by 'Di2 wasn't that well setup by the store' ? I thought it was trouble free?
  • ryan_w-2
    ryan_w-2 Posts: 1,162
    dwanes wrote:
    theboyfold wrote:
    Got the bike on Friday, manage to get about 150 miles on it this weekend, and I'm really happy with it so far. The Di2 wasn't that well setup by the store, so that's my next job. Otherwise I'm very happy, it's quite a step from the 12 year old Cinelli I've been riding.
    What do you mean by 'Di2 wasn't that well setup by the store' ? I thought it was trouble free?

Still needs the auto-trim set and high/low stops.
    Specialized Allez Sprint Disc --- Specialized S-Works SL7

IG: RhinosWorkshop
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,851
    My mate has one of these and loves it. The frame looks great but that's more to do with the colour scheme. It seems very reliable and smooth.

The only issue is that he has downloaded the app which can be used with Di2 and now we have to stop and wait for him when he wants to change gear with his iPhone at the bottom and top of every hill. It's a bit of a pain in the A$$ to be honest.