BMC vs Orbea

Countrystock
Countrystock Posts: 31
edited August 2017 in Road buying advice
Advice and opinions please

I've narrowed down my next bike to either a BMC Roadmachine 02 (105 version) or an Orbea Avant M20 Team disc. Links Below

https://www.cyclesurgery.com/p/orbea-or ... colour=108

https://www.evanscycles.com/bmc-roadmac ... ance-modal

Looking at both this week but would like your opinion of any owners of these bikes.

Many Thanks

Comments

• Saving 800 by going for the Orbea would be my choice.

800 quid buys a lot of upgrades/kit/holiday/treat for the misses to appease yet a other bike purchase :D
  • Orbea = lifetime frame warranty

BMC- 5 years

I wouldn't buy a frame from a manufacturer that has so little faith in their own products
  • SCR Pedro
    SCR Pedro Posts: 912
    I have a BMC, and like it, but also agree with the other comments.
    Giant TCR Advanced II - Reviewed on my homepage
    Giant TCR Alliance Zero
    BMC teammachineSLR03
    The Departed
    Giant SCR2
    Canyon Roadlite
    Specialized Allez
    Some other junk...
  • Just come back from Cycle Surgery. The Orbea was lovely but I wasn't keen on the blue paintwork. Also had the M20i, loved this but can't justify the pricetag.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Orbea = lifetime frame warranty

BMC- 5 years

I wouldn't buy a frame from a manufacturer that has so little faith in their own products
    What does a life time warranty mean, it has no comeback in law if the manufacturer does not honour it.
    I had the gear stop shear off on my Orbea, they just pop riveted it back in place and refused replace the frame. I had the option of taking the shop to court to claim that the frame was not worth as much after the repair. But I was informed I would only get the value of what the frame was worth at the time not replacement value.
    So I have put up with the repair as what I would have got for a two year old frame probably would not have bought me the equivalent of the repaired frame.