sunday the golden void speaks to me, denying my reality

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,554
edited August 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

espresso, ride, cake and espresso, ride, even more espresso, pack shiny bike for hols

we live in strange times, only the weird shall survive, my luck's in
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    Home cold home

Bike ride for a change soon and then unpacking and sorting car along with dad's taxi

Later the local for a meal as we end the holiday
  • Morning all. Gearing up to take the TT's swimming later, which will occupy most of the day. Then changing lightbulbs and a bit of painting. Someone should write a song about lazy Sundays.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Morning,

Enjoy the home weather TLW. Local will be happy to see you, profits were down.

Weird or crazy Sungod?

No food in, so off out for breakfast. S works looks written off since the crash. Tempted with a new one, though I could get the same, or go buy an aeroroad and an al ultimate for the same prices.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Morning folks,
    Fookin' hot in Verona. Been for a walk had a coffee and bought some damned fine pastine for breakfast. Now trying to get everyone up so we can go for a ride on the newly re-opened funicular, last ran in 1944.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    One reluctant hound walked and now sorting through crap in the garage to take down the dump. Tried the new coffee machine that Strifey bought and it's pretty good - not one of those fancy ones that makes expresso is but then again we're caffeine heathens :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,415
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    Fookin' hot in Verona. Been for a walk had a coffee and bought some damned fine pastine for breakfast. Now trying to get everyone up so we can go for a ride on the newly re-opened funicular, last ran in 1944.
    Mmmm Pastine. What's a pastine? Is that like an Italian pasty?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Flâneur wrote:
    Morning,

Enjoy the home weather TLW. Local will be happy to see you, profits were down.

Weird or crazy Sungod?

No food in, so off out for breakfast. S works looks written off since the crash. Tempted with a new one, though I could get the same, or go buy an aeroroad and an al ultimate for the same prices.
    Two for the price of one makes sense and Canyons are pretty good as I've heard. Rose Bikes are also worth a look as you're OK with German mail order.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    Flâneur wrote:
    Weird or crazy Sungod?

Indeterminable, unplumbed infinite depths of something.
    Flâneur wrote:
    S works looks written off since the crash.

Pics please.

Frikkin raining.

Family need to go, they are starting to stink. Well actually, shoot my frikkin sister/push her off a cliff and then the rest of us will have a laugh.
    Raining meh. Soft plat area. Meh.

Washing machine died last night but killed my microfibre cloths. Got replacement machine immediately as I had a spare sitting in a lock up. So had a bit of fun in Granny's feeble Fiesta with a slipping clutch (8000 miles on the clock, work that one out?!) as the thing didn't fit in the boot of the Merc.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    stupidly cold start for august, the fluffy tabby of greenwich looked deeply unimpressed, and the ducks of dartford were huddled up trying to warm themselves in the sun

much of london seems to be barricaded with large lumps of concrete manned by hordes of shivering minders in hi-vis outfits, huge queues of traffic on the way back in - ah, it's for some runnists, having spent umpty millions on a stadium with a perfectly adequate running track for them, you'd think they'd run on it, or do a few laps of a park, bloody runnists :D
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Decking painted, anti-slip strips stuck on.

Off to Lidl.

Cat brought a mouse into the house, deid.
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    One reluctant hound walked

I'm convinced my dog knows that a) it's Sunday and b) what Sundays are actually for. Six days a week she's brilliant but on the 7th she always seems to play up a little more when we walk. Usually I take her out after my night shift so we're pounding the pavement or strolling (OK, real brisk walk) the local country park or wherever at like 5am, so I see her reluctance in a way but it's the same every other day.

This week though, off sick due to ice hockey injuries so a trip to the supermarket - first time I walked without crutches in 2 weeks and I might try for a slow mile or two on my roadie later as a part of the recovery process. Hell, can't remember the last time I 'went for a ride' instead of riding to work and back. Probably the last time I was injured actually.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • Stevo_666
    Mouth wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    One reluctant hound walked

I'm convinced my dog knows that a) it's Sunday and b) what Sundays are actually for. Six days a week she's brilliant but on the 7th she always seems to play up a little more when we walk. Usually I take her out after my night shift so we're pounding the pavement or strolling (OK, real brisk walk) the local country park or wherever at like 5am, so I see her reluctance in a way but it's the same every other day.
    This was more a case of him being a) knackered as we went to bed late and b) bloody stubborn when he wants to be. He also collected the obligatory empty plastic water bottle which counts as his prize for the outing so decided there was no need to go any further I didn't fancy taking him for a drag through the park so turned around and he can wait till this afternoon when its Strifeys turn.
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    ...bloody runnists :D

Yeah.

You see?! That ^ is how to get in my good books Stevo.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Pinno wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    ...bloody runnists :D

Yeah.

You see?! That ^ is how to get in my good books Stevo.
    Why would he want to be in your good books?
    Seano, little pasties would be good but pastine are small cakes and pastries.
    Still bloody hot here but I think we could be in for a storm as I can hear thunder rumbling over the hills. I don't think it's my stomach at any rate.
  • sungod
    runnists are on tv too, there're only a few dozen in each batch, hard to see what they need all that space for

shiny bike packed for hols, seemed to be more room in the bikebox than usual, either i've forgotten something or my packing skills have improved
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    runnists are on tv too, there're only a few dozen in each batch, hard to see what they need all that space for

Easy to pick off with a rifle then.

Did one of them have a Cockerpoo in tow?
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Went for lunch with some Italian friends and their family, I spent the entire time talking Portuguese and they replied in Italian, some of the conversation was lost in translation but I learnt a few new Siciliano swear words, much wine was consumed and we avoided discussing Italian politics.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Stevo_666
    Right, that's all the pre holiday booking of cars, touristy stuff etc for now. Strifey can't be arsed to cook anything so it's Thai take away time - yum yum. I can pedal it off tomorrow, the start of my last week in work for a month :)