SRAM Force 22 Shifter

mistertony
mistertony Posts: 3
edited August 2017 in Workshop
I put a new SRAM Force 22 shifter on and it acts like it can only shift 10 gears. Is there a setting that needs to be set to move it to 11 gears or is it something else? Has anyone run into this problem?

Comments

• trailflow
    trailflow Posts: 1,311
    Did you click into the last (highest) gear before attaching the cable ?

You can check all 11 gears are working correctly if you pull and hold the cable with one hand, and go through the gears at the lever with the other hand
  • It will only click ten times, this will give you eleven positions including the starting position. Is that the solution?
  • trailflow wrote:
    Did you click into the last (highest) gear before attaching the cable ?

You can check all 11 gears are working correctly if you pull and hold the cable with one hand, and go through the gears at the lever with the other hand

Not sure that I did, I will go back through the cable install again. Thanks for the tip!
  • Nick Payne
    Nick Payne Posts: 288
    As pointed out, an 11-speed shifter will only have 10 clicks when going from high to low or low to high. Check a) that the shifter was in the highest gear position when you attached the cable, and b) that your rear derailleur stops are allowing the derailleur to move across the entire range of the cassette.