Replacement by Garmin - How long..??

Ernesider
Ernesider Posts: 300
edited August 2017 in Road buying advice
The On/off button on my Garmin Edge 1000 stopped working just short of the 2 year EU guarantee expiry date. I returned it to Rose Bikes (prepaid label emailed to me) who returned it to Garmin on 23rd of June. That is 42 days Garmin have it and I was told today by Rose Bikes that they should have it backi in two weeks but they told me the same a fortnight ago. Has anyone else had a similar experience ..?? I would like to know how long it has taken others and what the likely outcome is going to be ..??

Comments

• Thick Mike
    Thick Mike Posts: 337
    I had a warranty claim on my Wahoo Elemnt Bolt replaced within four days of sending the original unit back.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I've had warranty returns turned around in 10 days but that was sending direct to Garmin, not a third party.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Ernesider wrote:
    The On/off button on my Garmin Edge 1000 stopped working just short of the 2 year EU guarantee expiry date.

Could be tricky as garmin generally only offer a 12 month warranty. Even if you claim under the European 2 year warranty, after 6 months, in most EU countries, you need to prove that the defect already existed on receipt of the goods.

Hope you get it sorted but be prepared to be told you have to pay for a repair/ replacement.
  • Ernesider
    redvision wrote:
    Ernesider wrote:
    The On/off button on my Garmin Edge 1000 stopped working just short of the 2 year EU guarantee expiry date.

Could be tricky as garmin generally only offer a 12 month warranty. Even if you claim under the European 2 year warranty, after 6 months, in most EU countries, you need to prove that the defect already existed on receipt of the goods.

Hope you get it sorted but be prepared to be told you have to pay for a repair/ replacement.

A £400 bike computer and the on/off button doesn't last 2 years (and I am far from being the only one), I would have thought that it obviously wasn't fit for purpose from the start..?? But as you say.... I will update this when the verdict is finall handed down ..!!!
  • Ernesider
    Ernesider wrote:
    redvision wrote:
    Ernesider wrote:

.. I will update this when the verdict is finally handed down ..!!!

This morning a relatively large box arrived from Rose Bikes via Parcel Force. Inside wrapped in a bubble wrap package was what seems to be a new Garmin Edge 1000 and a letter/invoice - Invoice Amount 0,00 GBP which read:

"Thank you very much for your order. Please find enclosed a small gift from us"

To say I am pleased is something of an understatement...!!!