friday now i'm just a cosmic man

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,554
edited August 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

cafe, wfh, skive, silky tubs are glued, put wheels back on shiny bike ready for weekend, though may go for a ride today just to get the rubber scrubbed a bit
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, well I have built the Bowman palace r , and test rode it , a quality frame and it is very responsive, I have now removed the wheels waiting for some schwalbe pro ones to arrive, so if they turn up today that's one job for me to do.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Bike ride, then paint decking, if rain holds off.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,415
    Talking of schwalbe that reminds me. Little review of my schwalbe marathon plus. I got it on ok, just on the rear and after a week of riding I can't really comment on their puncture resistance but it better be good. The difference between my 23mm pro 4's and 25mm marathon plus is huge, it's like riding through treacle! At least my legs are getting more of a workout :roll:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    Nice long run this morning to clear out yesterday's excess - now just packing stuff ready for tomorrow's depart.

Just need to clear the fridge of it's ale first :)
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning,

Pedalled in for a change on what is basically now a hybrid with fat tyres. Feeling the need to chop it in for a dropped bar jobbie for speeds.
    Also sporting a trapdoor Tshirt today, id say about 3/4 of the people in the office are too young to remember it though which is shameful.

Still, I brought my own coffee in and a cafetiere so least I can have something semi alright.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    Working from home today just as the latest crisis breaks in one of our further flung corners of the empire. At least I got an extra hour and a bit in the sack.

May have to do a packing list this weekend just to remind me that I'm going on holiday for two whole weeks in just over a weeks time 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Working from home today just as the latest crisis breaks in one of our further flung corners of the empire. At least I got an extra hour and a bit in the sack.

May have to do a packing list this weekend just to remind me that I'm going on holiday for two whole weeks in just over a weeks time 8)

You go away just as the 21 yr old Spanish bird comes to visit to look after the kids....... I will be happy enough
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    Morning, well I have built the Bowman palace r , and test rode it , a quality frame and it is very responsive, I have now removed the wheels waiting for some schwalbe pro ones to arrive, so if they turn up today that's one job for me to do.

Pics please. There's been a lot of positive noise about the Bowman's.
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ...I got an extra hour and a bit in the sack.

Was it the left hand or the right hand?
    Garry H wrote:
    Bike ride, then paint decking, if rain holds off.

Pour the paint on the decking and ride around in circles.
    seanoconn wrote:
    Talking of schwalbe that reminds me. Little review of my schwalbe marathon plus. I got it on ok, just on the rear and after a week of riding I can't really comment on their puncture resistance but it better be good. The difference between my 23mm pro 4's and 25mm marathon plus is huge, it's like riding through treacle! At least my legs are getting more of a workout :roll:

Where the hell have you been?! Contemporary research has proved that bigger tyres have less rolling resistance. perhaps your rims are a bit narrow which exaggerates the profile.

I hope you can squeeze me in too TLW. I have decided that there might be some very important matters to attend to in Shropshire with a bit of imagination.

Me pedalling me. According to that Schafernaker bloke, I have a 2 hour window between 11 am and 1pm if I want to stay dry. Seen as I am still coughing up unique clusters of living organisms, I think I should stay dry.

Later with Sister and family. She's cooking (help!).

Update later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    God - is it Friday already... this week is just a blur.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

You go away just as the 21 yr old Spanish bird comes to visit to look after the kids....... I will be happy enough
    You know the rules..I could do with something to compare with as I'm sitting in Florida supping cold drinks and watching the talent go by :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    @ Pinno. Now you tell me about narrow rims! I
  • seanoconn
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

You know the rules..I could do with something to compare with as I'm sitting in Florida supping cold drinks and watching the talent go by :)
    Ahh Florida lovely, where about?
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Near Orlando for part of it (we're doing the touristy crap) and the rest of it is with in-laws near Atlanta.
  • pinno
    seanoconn wrote:
    @ Pinno. Now you tell me about narrow rims! I

The tyres aren't going to pop off, so don't worry. Especially at your pace.
    You've still got that foot pump (with dial?). Stick 90 psi in them and see how they roll, then stick 100 in them etc etc, until you find the happy medium.
    My happy medium is off sick - something to do with Great Great Grandad telling her to f*ck off.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    It's not the narrow rim Seano, those tyres are only good for puncture resistance. They are heavy, slow and feel dead. I'd put up with slightly more puncture resistance and ride anything else.
    Morning all, been getting stuff ready for the off tomorrow. Still bloody hot here. Went for a great meal last night, ate half a cow. Got to go and get tyres fitted soon. Wine tasting later then out for a meal.
  • seanoconn
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Near Orlando for part of it (we're doing the touristy crap) and the rest of it is with in-laws near Atlanta.
    Don't knock the tourist crap. Say hello to Mickey for me although the Disney stuff was probably my least favourite. If you're anywhere near International Drive, Charley's steak house is well worth a visit.
  • seanoconn
    Veronese68 wrote:
    It's not the narrow rim Seano, those tyres are only good for puncture resistance. They are heavy, slow and feel dead. I'd put up with slightly more puncture resistance and ride anything else.
    Morning all, been getting stuff ready for the off tomorrow. Still bloody hot here. Went for a great meal last night, ate half a cow. Got to go and get tyres fitted soon. Wine tasting later then out for a meal.
    Cheers V, you live and learn. Enjoy the rest of your hols.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Don't knock the tourist crap. Say hello to Mickey for me although the Disney stuff was probably my least favourite. If you're anywhere near International Drive, Charley's steak house is well worth a visit.
    I'll have to check the hotel details as wifey booked it but thanks for the tip as I fancy eating an unfeasibly large piece of cow when I'm out there.

We're not doing Disney as she's too old (thank f*** for that), but we have got Universal Studios and Cape Canaveral on the cards.
  • sungod
    we seem to have a cake stop thread in bb by mistake, how do we get it evicted?

viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=13082826
  • Stevo_666
    sungod wrote:

Make it a proper BB thread - get in there, post bollox and wind someone up? (AKA the Pinno method). Not that I am recommending it of course...
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:

As Stevo said. Tap into the vacuum that is your Freudian subconscious SG and scare the living cr4p out of them.
  • sungod
    i was trying to stay positive, now you want me to show them the void at the heart of eternity so that even the very atoms of their being disassociate

i dunno, maybe after a bit of choc
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Cheers Seano.
    Stevo, try to get to Daytona Beach. Over 30 years since I was there but well worth a visit.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Cheers Seano.

Do you two want a room?
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    i was trying to stay positive, now you want me to show them the void at the heart of eternity so that even the very atoms of their being disassociate

i dunno, maybe after a bit of choc

If you want results.
  • seanoconn
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Cheers Seano.

Do you two want a room?
    Green eyed monster. It can't always be about you.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Here you are Pinno, the bowman palace r
    https://flic.kr/p/W8XdVj

https://flic.kr/p/XpNuyZ

By the way I am still waiting for the schwalbe tyres
  • pinno
    seanoconn wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Cheers Seano.

Do you two want a room?
    Green eyed monster. It can't always be about you.

Why not?!
  • pinno
    Here you are Pinno, the bowman palace r
    https://flic.kr/p/W8XdVj

https://flic.kr/p/XpNuyZ

By the way I am still waiting for the schwalbe tyres

Stealth black :roll:
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Cheers Seano.
    Stevo, try to get to Daytona Beach. Over 30 years since I was there but well worth a visit.
    Looks not too far up the coast from Canaveral. What's there these days (apart from the beach)?