Problem removing Rigida Xena hub from Mavic wheel

darebike
darebike Posts: 2
edited August 2017 in Workshop
Hi all,

I am having difficulties trying to figure out how to remove this hub and freehub. Hub is a "Rigida Xena" on a Mavic 28'' wheel. No solutions found online for this hub.

Even though a 4mm allen key fits through the axle theres no attachment so that I can turn it. Not even when I stick it completely trough from both sides. And I cannot pull the freehub off.

These are both solutions I got from another forum. Thanks for your help.

mh7d3vwlfcpth5xyvf5notfwrmntkzh6zhttqkpxxypx92ib-jpg.473680
dlmux07mxyikhtny3qcgj3zuqmcrbbzfhs2-gdormtgpx92ib-jpg.473681

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    I suspect you have to mallet the axle from the drive side... it will pop out of the non drive side, pushing out the bearing with it. At that point either the freehub will be unstuck (I suspect it is simply corroded onto the axle) or you will need to remove it via a large Allen key > 10 mm could be 11, hard to say
    left the forum March 2023
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,101
    If it's anything like the Mavic Ksyrium's I had, I recall using two alen keys either side of the axle and unscrewing it.

Or it's as Ugo said:

http://www.slowtwitch.com/Tech/Mavic_hu ... _4006.html
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    Pinno wrote:
    If it's anything like the Mavic Ksyrium's I had, I recall using two alen keys either side of the axle and unscrewing it.

The title is misleading, they are not Mavic wheels, they are Mavic rims on Rigida branded hubs... basically "handbuilts".
    left the forum March 2023