Upgrade advice

Allan99
Allan99 Posts: 3
edited August 2017 in Road buying advice
This is my 1st post on this site so here goes. I currently ride a 2012 Felt F85 which has been my first and only road bike. Next month I will have been at my employers for 30 years and will have £1500 to spend on a gift of my choice, so looking around my local bike shop I have a choice to make.

The first is a Deda Strada Gladiatore 2015 frame with Mavic Ksyrium Elite Red wheelset and Sram Red Etap WIFLI Deda 02 Handlebar, Stem and Seatpost
Prologo Zero 2 Saddle

Second is a Merida Ride Carbon Sram Red Etap WIFLI 2014 with Fulcrum Racing Sport wheelset.
Frame: Full Carbon
Fork: Full Carbon
Handlebar FSA wing
Stem: Merida Alloy
Seatpost: Merida Carbon
Shifters: Sram Red Etap
Rear Derailleur: Sram Red Etap Wifli
Front Derailleur: Sram Red Etap
Chain: Sram Red
Cassette: Sram PG1170 11-32
Brakes: Merida
Chainset: FSA Omega 11speed
Wheelset: Fulcrum Racing Sport
Tyres: Vittiria Zaffiro Pro 25c

Both are custom built and will be £2500.
So which one is going to be my next bike ?
Some guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks
Allan

Comments

• w00dster
    w00dster Posts: 880
    Have you sat on both bikes or are they not yet built up? First thing would be to make sure you are happy with the size and the geometry. If you're happy with both and you're comfortable doing your riding distances on either bike then its almost down to personal preference on how they look.
    I like the deda, obviously a top of the range groupset and it also comes with decent enough wheels. If I had the Merida I would probably want to upgrade from the Fulcrums. Not that the racing sport aren't a solid enough wheel, I'd just want something a little bit nicer and lighter (1892 grams according to wiggle). The Mavic's come in at 1550 grams.
  • Allan99
    Allan99 Posts: 3
    Thanks, that's what I needed to hear. The both frames are to my size and like you said it'll come down to the geometry.