thursday sending signal 9

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,556
edited August 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, office, not sure coffee works anymore, meet with one of my chaps, bail early

i'm sure there's something else i'm supposed to do, but can't recall
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Good Morning
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,028
    Tired doesn't even start to describe today
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Morning. Although I'm pretty sure it's still yesterday.

Half day at work, home, then birthday meal for the wife tonight.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    May have killed the wife, perhaps too many Stella's before dinner wasn't the best idea, but the kids were having fun with their friends......

Holiday going into 2nd week hyperdrive and flashing by, today is pool/river and out for dinner
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873

Driving or ale related?

We are driving back straight through on Saturday - 900 miles, ready for work on Monday :(
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,154
    Chucking it down at home this morning so put the bike in the car for later, drove to work and went for a run instead.

It was dry and sunny at work.

Sods law says it will be chucking it down this afternoon.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    TLW1 wrote:
    May have killed the wife, perhaps too many Stella's before dinner wasn't the best idea, but the kids were having fun with their friends......

Holiday going into 2nd week hyperdrive and flashing by, today is pool/river and out for dinner

They don't call it 'Wife beater' for nothing. :wink:
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,420
    TLW1 wrote:

Driving or ale related?

We are driving back straight through on Saturday - 900 miles, ready for work on Monday :(
    Apart from car rental saving, is driving cheaper than flying?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • ballysmate
    Learnt a new phrase today. Plasterer's radio. Very descriptive.
    Can't believe I hadn't come across it before. :wink:
    Sheltered life I suppose.
    They do say you should learn something new every day.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, Weather person said no rain, I now feel betrayed as it is raining. Coffee situation here is dire someones found an old tin of Nescafe Gold blend which im avoiding.
    Other news office dog has a new trick of pulling coats off chairs an hiding under them.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    ...run...

:roll:

I realise that you are relatively new to this part of the forum but still: running has been officially classed as a very silly activity. The least you can do is put any reference to that sort of thing in the smallest letters possible.
    There are some deranged individuals in here that partake in such irrational pursuits but they have been classified as 'not right in the head' and as we have an open, all inclusive policy, we simply accept their state of mental health.
    However, unless you apply for a special circumstances exclusion (i'e you are not quite right in the head), then please keep such references to a minimum.

Signed
    The Management.

Sister and family have descended on us but all is calm as her hubby is in tow and this has a pacification effect.
    Sun has popped out. Will try and squeeze a pedal in between 11am and 2pm. That's according to the anticipated gap in the clouds according to the met office.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Morning,

can't say I've done much besides break fast and have a few espressos. Time to work maybe, maybe.
    Cloudy day up here, be better once I run away to the sun.

Enjoy your days, hangovers, families and anything else
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    Flâneur wrote:
    ...run...

Running has been officially classed as a very silly activity. The least you can do is put any reference to that sort of thing in the smallest letters possible.
    There are some deranged individuals in here that partake in such irrational pursuits but they have been classified as 'not right in the head' and as we have an open, all inclusive policy, we simply accept their state of mental health.
    However, unless you apply for a special circumstances exclusion (i'e you are not quite right in the head), then please keep such references to a minimum.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Learnt a new phrase today. Plasterer's radio. Very descriptive.
    Can't believe I hadn't come across it before. :wink:
    Sheltered life I suppose.
    They do say you should learn something new every day.
    You never heard that before? Blimey. You must know very little about 'decorating' :P

Went out last night to a 'blues' restaurant in Camden where we ate ridiculous amounts of pig and cow. It was also happy hour when we got there :) I discovered coffee tequila shots which was a bit of a mistake as I was awake at 3.45am. Pedalling into work helped wake me up a bit, which is just as well given one of today's main tasks is reviewing 75 page document on transfer pricing. It's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it. Pity Hoppy is AWOL as he would understand...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,329
    seanoconn wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Driving or ale related?

I reckon it is for us as we go to two different places. At least it would be if I didn't have to buy two new tyres. To be fair I knew I'd have to replace them soon so factored that in as part of the haggling. A puncture last night has brought the purchase forward somewhat. Poxy modern cars with no spare wheel. I have to pump it up every time I want to go somewhere. Thankfully it comes with a little electric pump as a foot pump in this heat would be intolerable. Haven't used the sealant as it's foul muck that makes the tyre fitters job harder, best kept in case of emergency anyway.
    Two more days of eating drinking and sunshine before a couple of days of eating drinking and hot city. Don't want to think about what happens after that. I'm sure that C U next Tuesday Stevo will tell me, but he can FRO.
    Anyone heard from Hopper?
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Chopped up loads of old timber for neighbour to burn. Chucked out more stuff. Gave away a pile of bricks.

Bikes are being ignored. Dang.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • ballysmate
    Received a much anticipated parcel this morning.
    No Haribo though. Official email complaint sent.
  • seanoconn
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Driving or ale related?

I reckon it is for us as we go to two different places. At least it would be if I didn't have to buy two new tyres. To be fair I knew I'd have to replace them soon so factored that in as part of the haggling. A puncture last night has brought the purchase forward somewhat. Poxy modern cars with no spare wheel. I have to pump it up every time I want to go somewhere. Thankfully it comes with a little electric pump as a foot pump in this heat would be intolerable. Haven't used the sealant as it's foul muck that makes the tyre fitters job harder, best kept in case of emergency anyway.
    Two more days of eating drinking and sunshine before a couple of days of eating drinking and hot city. Don't want to think about what happens after that. I'm sure that C U next Tuesday Stevo will tell me, but he can FRO.
    Anyone heard from Hopper?
    You're missing all the wind and rain V. No one has heard from hop, I think he knows he's in for a good talking to when he gets back.

Work meh but last day of the week for me. Might go for a run later.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Pinno wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    ...run...

Running has been officially classed as a very silly activity. The least you can do is put any reference to that sort of thing in the smallest letters possible.

been running a bit to stay fit as I can't cycle. RUNNING ain't all bad
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:

I blame Wiggle.
  • pinno
    Flâneur wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    ...run...

Running...minimum.

been running a bit to stay fit as I can't cycle. RUNNING ain't all bad

You can run but you can't cycle? Why is that? STD? Piles?
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Pinno wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

I blame Wiggle.

Valid, sternly worded letter the his local MP should suffice.

I had a delivery turn up, Haribo was not expected nor received, attended the local public house double pint lunch an pork scratching's to try an speed up the end of the day, see how that goes .
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Don't want to think about what happens after that. I'm sure that C U next Tuesday Stevo will tell me, but he can FRO.
    I certainly will FRO - to the US. I'll let you know as and when it happens :mrgreen:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    They seek him here
    They seek him there
    Those Brackateers seek him everywhere
    Is he in Heaven or is he in hell?
    That damn elusive Hoppynell.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Don't want to think about what happens after that. I'm sure that C U next Tuesday Stevo will tell me, but he can FRO.
    I certainly will FRO - to the US. I'll let you know as and when it happens :mrgreen:

Yay!
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Yay!
    I'll be back :wink:
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Yay!
    I'll be back :wink:

Booo !
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    Nearly all packed, off to sunny Skiathos in the morning.

The older I get, the better I was.

• seanoconn
    Capt Slog wrote:
    Nearly all packed, off to sunny Skiathos in the morning.
    Did you just come on here to brag!?

Get out!

have a lovely time.
  • pinno
    You're over here!
    I'm stalking you Seano.