Looking for advice please...

I.Robson
I.Robson Posts: 4
edited August 2017 in Cyclocross
Hi..I'm new to the forum and I was wondering if I could ask for some advice on what would be a good cyclocross bike to buy for a 'first-timer''?
I'm looking to spend appx £1000 via my work's Bike to Work scheme.
A bit of background on me... 50+ bloke who needs to lose a bit of timber, so one of my requirements is that the bike is light! I'm open to any suggestions so any advice/ pointers are appreciated
Thanks

Comments

• meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Are there any constraints on your cycle to work scheme as to where you can buy from?

An old favourite, in various guises, is the Boardman CX Team. It's certainly one that you can use to judge others by. There's been a few similar threads recently - maybe do a search on CX

ETA - a tip is that you will probably get more people looking if you are a little bit more specific in your subject line too.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • No... I don't think there's any caveats on where I can go.
    Thanks for your Tip re topic/title :D
  • joey54321
    joey54321 Posts: 1,297
    Are there any constraints on your cycle to work scheme as to where you can buy from?

An old favourite, in various guises, is the Boardman CX Team. It's certainly one that you can use to judge others by. There's been a few similar threads recently - maybe do a search on CX

ETA - a tip is that you will probably get more people looking if you are a little bit more specific in your subject line too.

+1. Short of getting a good deal on a discount, it's probably your best bet (if it fits).
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    As you're posting in the CX forum, it's worth asking is this actually for CX competition, or as a general/daily ride..?
  • Fair point ... i'm looking to use for non- competitive / general ride
  • Jterrier
    Jterrier Posts: 97
    I have a boardman cx team. As a value proposition its unbeatable. If you can get it for 800 instead, its a knockout. If you can then also get 10% bc membership discount, its beyond a knockout. And if you can then also get it on the c2w, then its basically free. I negotiated an armed forces discount too on top, and ended up paying about 400 quid for mine. Best thing i ever did.