Garmin / Strava issues after trainer ride

benjamess
benjamess Posts: 159
Previously been using the following setup indoors with no problems whatsoever;

Garmin 510
New style speed / cadence sensor (without magnet)
elite rollers

always recorded ride uploaded to garmin and synced the data onto strava perfectly.

Yesterday I got rid of the cadence sensor and added a set of garmin vector 2's. Since then all data records perfectly on the head unit (speed, cadence, power etc), uploads to garmin connect perfectly but once synced to strava somehow drops to around 0.2 mile distance ridden and loses most the power data (even happens if i plug the garmin into my laptop and upload manually). Happened on 3/3 rides so far and getting pretty annoying :evil:

any ideas?!

Comments

• topcattim
    topcattim Posts: 766
    benjamess wrote:
    Previously been using the following setup indoors with no problems whatsoever;

Garmin 510
    New style speed / cadence sensor (without magnet)
    elite rollers

always recorded ride uploaded to garmin and synced the data onto strava perfectly.

Yesterday I got rid of the cadence sensor and added a set of garmin vector 2's. Since then all data records perfectly on the head unit (speed, cadence, power etc), uploads to garmin connect perfectly but once synced to strava somehow drops to around 0.2 mile distance ridden and loses most the power data (even happens if i plug the garmin into my laptop and upload manually). Happened on 3/3 rides so far and getting pretty annoying :evil:

any ideas?!
    Try logging on to Strava, pressing the edit button (the pen/pencil) and setting the tag as "stationary trainer". Chances are Strava thinks that you have been stationary all that time, and the 0.2 miles is when the gps signal has bounced around off local housing etc.