tuesday storming the bastille

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,556
edited August 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, then off out with mrs s gadding about london and generally enjoying ourselves, this may end badly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, where's all this wind coming from, will be out on the bike shortly, if it stays fine lawn requires mowing and hedges cutting.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Morning, where's all this wind coming from, will be out on the bike shortly, if it stays fine lawn requires mowing and hedges cutting.

Well my Lincolnshire mate, the wind has been sent over from the W Mids where it annoyed the fcuk out of me yesterday.
    If I had a hedge, my day would mirror yours, though I suspect mine would be slower paced.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Less stressful day today - contracts exchanged on Scottish house yesterday which, if the bank get their act together, will means I can exchange on English house. Also need to get the movers sorted today.

Am I having fun yet?

Anybody got any great ideas of how to transport 3 dogs (a cocker and two Labradors) 550 miles? My two sons are planning to drive the Fiat 500 down in an "epic" road trip. I could stick the dogs in the back of the Fiat but that doesn't seem fair. I'm planning on driving a van down stacked up with stuff that we don't want the movers to take. I'm not sure you can put dogs in the back of a van for that long (personally, I'm not so much of a dog person - they're Mrs MRS's really). 3rd idea is that Mrs MRS flies up and drives down in Fiat plus dogs plus son and I bring other son down. Trouble is, timing as somebody needs to be there to look after Eve. Any ideas?
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    Less stressful day today - contracts exchanged on Scottish house yesterday which, if the bank get their act together, will means I can exchange on English house. Also need to get the movers sorted today.

Am I having fun yet?

Anybody got any great ideas of how to transport 3 dogs (a cocker and two Labradors) 550 miles? My two sons are planning to drive the Fiat 500 down in an "epic" road trip. I could stick the dogs in the back of the Fiat but that doesn't seem fair. I'm planning on driving a van down stacked up with stuff that we don't want the movers to take. I'm not sure you can put dogs in the back of a van for that long (personally, I'm not so much of a dog person - they're Mrs MRS's really). 3rd idea is that Mrs MRS flies up and drives down in Fiat plus dogs plus son and I bring other son down. Trouble is, timing as somebody needs to be there to look after Eve. Any ideas?
    I wouldn't want to do that...can you stick them on a flight?

Been to dentist again and now waiting for a train to work. Tired and need coffee...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,416
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Am I having fun yet?

I wouldn't want to do that...can you stick them on a flight?

Been to dentist again and now waiting for a train to work. Tired and need coffee...
    you've been to the dentist more times in the last month than I've been in the last 25years! Try brushing your teeth.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    edited August 2017
    seanoconn wrote:
    you've been to the dentist more times in the last month than I've been in the last 25years! Try brushing your teeth.
    I brush twice a day and floss using your wife's knickers for good measure :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Back to sunshine today, so the bricklayer has finished. Impressed with his work. Yay!

MRS, we'll have similar logistical nightmares to move interstate including the overnight ferry trip, involving only two people, but three cars, a motorcycle and 6 bicycles. The removalists can handle the rest. Gonna be expensive any way it happens.

Trying to pick up decking boards at a sensible price. Woohoo.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,329
    Morning folks,
    You'll be glad to know that I got a text back from Hopper and he is alive and well. I have been sworn to secrecy and cannot tell you what he's been up to.
    MRS can the boys not be trusted in a small car with the dogs? I'm sure the dogs will recover eventually.
    Another glorious day here, good luck with house moving shizzle MRS and Spinner. Have a good day the rest of you.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    You'll be glad to know that I got a text back from Hopper and he is alive and well. I have been sworn to secrecy and cannot tell you what he's been up to.

Ve have vays of making you talk.

Can't you hire a crew cab van MRS?

Me Dad's taxi today me and hoping some things come through the postal system.

Hoppy is a w@nker. All that stress :roll: Thought he was splatted by a dump truck on the north circular for a moment.

Update later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    MRS can the boys not be trusted in a small car with the dogs? I'm sure the dogs will recover eventually.
    Another glorious day here, good luck with house moving shizzle MRS and Spinner. Have a good day the rest of you.
    Well done V. Hoppy has some serious explaining to do when he gets back. Enjoy the glorious weather.
  • meanredspider
    Pinno wrote:

That's an interesting idea, Pinno. Can you get big vans (hi-top tranny etc) with crew cabs? I've seen 4x4s and car transporters just never that type of van. Then finding somewhere that hires them out...
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning,

Done nothing so far today aside from read through more arguing on another forum about someone saying all homosexuality was degenerate filth. Need to contact some roofers today, I had a look in the loft to find out why the chimney breast was damp and it looks like a leak in the flashing, should be a simple fix. Might pack properly for the NC500 tonight so I know there is nothing else I've forgotten

Saw hundreds of London- Edinburgh- London riders this morning too, sort of jealous but also really not jealous at all
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Nice run then a nice walk with the eldest, complete with a beer stop. Now off to visit something, sure we will fit beer in

Later is out for dinner
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    TLW1 wrote:
    Nice run then a nice walk with the eldest, complete with a beer stop. Now off to visit something, sure we will fit beer in

Later is out for dinner
    35662505671_831649554f_b.jpg
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:

That's an interesting idea, Pinno. Can you get big vans (hi-top tranny etc) with crew cabs? I've seen 4x4s and car transporters just never that type of van. Then finding somewhere that hires them out...

Try:

https://www.northgatevehiclehire.co.uk/ ... 0wodvyMLMQ

Also try:

https://www.arnoldclarkrental.com/van-h ... gLk2_D_BwE

...and:

http://www.jackscarhireinverness.co.uk

Also try Googling it you lazy basket,
  • pinno
    HaydenM wrote:
    Done nothing so far today aside from read through more arguing on another forum about someone saying all homosexuality was degenerate filth.

It wasn't a guy called 'Cody' was it?
  • haydenm
    Pinno wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Done nothing so far today aside from read through more arguing on another forum about someone saying all homosexuality was degenerate filth.

It wasn't a guy called 'Cody' was it?

My dog is called Cody, he's not really bothered about gays. If it moves he will lick it's private parts.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon, not much occurring here just grey cloudy blah day.

New wing mirror turned up delivered by someone called Measure, interesting choice of name there so ill fudge that on later when I find my panel pullers.

Hayden, sounds like the dog here, if it moves he walks over licks you then proceeds to lean on you till you fuss him
  • haydenm
    Step83 wrote:
    Hayden, sounds like the dog here, if it moves he walks over licks you then proceeds to lean on you till you fuss him

That tactic works for me too generally, can be a little awkward with people I don't know so well.

Cody is an exceptionally needy dog, luckily he is a big soft lab so everyone* loves him

*everyone apart from one of the directors. I used to try and call Cody away but it's much more amusing watching the guy get all flustered whenever he comes into my office
  • meanredspider
    Pinno wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Try:

https://www.northgatevehiclehire.co.uk/ ... 0wodvyMLMQ

Also try:

https://www.arnoldclarkrental.com/van-h ... gLk2_D_BwE

...and:

http://www.jackscarhireinverness.co.uk

Also try Googling it you lazy basket,

I did!

I spoke to a guy in Bristol (I need to get to Inverness) who said I'd struggle to get a large crew cab and suggested Northgate might be the only people who would do it. There are lots of small crew cab vans available. The likely trouble with Northgate is that they hire to businesses so, even if I can get something large enough (don't see it listed) I'll probably have to jump through hoops to hire it on my brother's firm.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    State of emergency can now be called off...
  • veronese68
    HaydenM wrote:
    You need to find an article linking the fact that homophobic people are more likely to be in denial about the true nature of their sexuality, then post the link and watch.
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    Indeed, just wait til you hear what he's been up to.
  • seanoconn
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    Indeed, just wait til you hear what he's been up to.
    There's obviously no internet in Tenerife :roll:
  • Afternoon all. Optimistically building a climbing frame/swing/slide/monkey bar type thing for the tiny terrors today. Optimistic, as it says two people need 8-10hours, and I've just got me and my drill. Oh well.

MRS, a Fiat 500 surely can't get much above 20mph so maybe tie a ham to the back and let the dogs have some exercise? :wink:
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,027
    Finished work early and getting the truck ready for its trip to the sun.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    Finished work early and getting the truck ready for its trip to the sun.

Can you give MRS a lift?
  • meanredspider
    MRS, a Fiat 500 surely can't get much above 20mph so maybe tie a ham to the back and let the dogs have some exercise? :wink:

You'd be surprised. I bought our first 500 (69bhp!!!) in Cambridge then had the horrible realisation that I had to drive it to Inverness. Was pleasantly surprised how fresh I felt at the other end. Then we swapped it for the "automatic" (robotised gearbox) version and I had to drive the original to Sheffield and the auto one back.

I'm a huge fan - they are a riot to throw about partly because they're not quick and partly because they handle so nicely. When we had the 155bhp version of the Alfa MiTo, I'd take the Fiat in preference. And, although I had a 160bhp Abarth 500 leased for a while, I still really liked the 69bhp version for the fun of trying to maintain momentum through the corners - really delightful car. My current car has 300-and-something bhp but I still don't mind the little Fiat.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081

Am I having fun yet?

Fair on the dogs yeah, who cares about the lads in this scenario. Got dog cages? secure them in Van, just stop every few hours given them a 20 minute run. going to suck whatever
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Sorting club kit, pretending to work, eating sugar stuff. Not sure I can complain. Still life would be easier with an automatic car.

Seperated the hounds for a little bit when walking, think the older one was suffocating the springers development, and it appears true. She is just scared of getting the ball first when the bigger and older one wants it.

Probably what it would have been like to have an older brother
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy